who sells full english NOT hacked english hik cams?? 2335 or what ever.?

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what aliexpress or ebay sellers sell full English international cameras 2335's without the hacked English firmware on it? got someone who want full upgradable english cam not ones with hacked firmware.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As far as I know, no one, it's not listed on Hikvision English site. It looks like a Chinese cam equivalent to 2342

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there any 3MP turret that is 100% English? not hacked chinesecam anywhere?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you dont want hacked firmware then your limited to english US models only, and thats a small fraction of what's avilable.

this is the reason why I did not with hik.. but having said that, updating firmware is over-rated.. all my cams are still running what they came with and I dont expect tha'll change.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just as I thought, all real English unhacked cams are double the price of the hacked one.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats the tax for using regionally restricted hardware... either buy localized cameras from local resellers whom are going to make you pay for it, or import your own and deal with the regional bullcrap..

or just forget about Hik and put your money behind another vendor, they are really the only manufacturer that plays these stupid games.. Regional locks is one of the best ways to punish your paying customers just to keep your resellers happy, its painfully apparent region locking does nothing to prevent the cameras from being imported, hacked and sold as local devices, only to burn the purchaser at a far later date when they think they need to update.. its even given birth to an underground market of people charging real money in exchange for removing the checks all together, and people are happy with this situation and keep buying more..

*shakes his head*

Even the money hungry movie industry gave up on region locking, it was a pointless endeavor that hurt more than it helped.

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
or just forget about Hik and put your money behind another vendor, they are really the only manufacturer that plays these stupid games.. Regional locks is one of the best ways to punish your paying customers just to keep your resellers happy, its painfully apparent region locking does nothing to prevent the cameras from being imported, hacked and sold as local devices, only to burn the purchaser at a far later date when they think they need to update.. its even given birth to an underground market of people charging real money in exchange for removing the checks all together, and people are happy with this situation and keep buying more
Sentiments that I fully concur with.
There are also some self-help groups who are happy to share knowledge and techniques for no financial gain with those caught out.

carnagelan

n3wb
Reaction score
www regalsecurity.co.za we an authorised hik distributer but for south Africa. We only do the english versions

smoothunit

n3wb
Reaction score
If you're in Australia goto http://www.cctvhd.com.au, Genuine Hikvision, English cams with factory 3 year Warranty. No 4MP units yet though, ships pretty fast as I got my NVR in 3 days. Not to open a can of worms- you want firmware updates.

JohnnyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
If you're in Australia goto http://www.cctvhd.com.au, Genuine Hikvision, English cams with factory 3 year Warranty. No 4MP units yet though, ships pretty fast as I got my NVR in 3 days. Not to open a can of worms- you want firmware updates.
Looks pretty good. But like everything with a full warranty, twice the price as the ebay version.

I guess thats the price you pay for going local. I still don't know which way i'll go for my setup.

smoothunit

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. But like everything with a full warranty, twice the price as the ebay version.

I guess thats the price you pay for going local. I still don't know which way i'll go for my setup.
I know, peevs me off to no end. Only reason I use them is that most camera's have been for work and our purchase policy means it cant be from eBay and Ali, though the warranty is nice, it's a hard ask.

jimg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is there any 3MP turret that is 100% English? not hacked chinesecam anywhere?
Perhaps asking @milkisbad would help - he has 3mp turrents (CMIP3032 - i believe here). Haven't bought from him yet, but others in this forum have.

Last edited by a moderator:

snaktime

n3wb
Reaction score
Picked up a few from CCTV HD for a new factory (Australia). Bit weird that I had 3 different firmware versions across 9 cameras but they all seem to have updated to the latest FW fine. Have to say that I actually like the new Hikconnect app- no more port forwarding.

scottbent

n3wb
Reaction score
Picked up a few from CCTV HD for a new factory (Australia). Bit weird that I had 3 different firmware versions across 9 cameras but they all seem to have updated to the latest FW fine. Have to say that I actually like the new Hikconnect app- no more port forwarding.
I cannot figure out how to use the new hikconnect app any way you could walk me through it