Why a 30 minutes profile doesn´t start

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At all the profiles the "Auto-patrol" with several presets are active and working fine.

Daily I have a profile of 30 minutes from 6:45am to 7:15am (Working Check-in time). On this profile , at my PTZ only one camera preset is active, the rest doesn´t.
When the time is reached, I can see at top right that the profile is turned "on" but not the PTZ function working, doesn´t goes to that position>> besides only one preset is checked at this profile 6:45-7:15am, still the camera goes to the rest of presets

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Roberto

Attachments

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay... here are my printscreens...

Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@rruiz If I understand you correctly you want the camera to stay at a single preset during profile 5?
If that the case you have it set wrong...please confirm exactly what you want to accomplish and ill post instructions.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes that is what I want; I want the camera to stay at a single preset during profile 5

Regards

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that is what I want; I want the camera to stay at a single preset during profile 5

Regards
OK, to do this, you need to check ALL the boxes under auto cycle EXCEPT for the box for profile 5...this will prevent cycling though presets during that profile..
Now, you need to go to the cameras schedule tab under "camera properties" and select "Event schedule" then add, and set it so that at 645am it goes to the preset you want...leave all the profile boxes checked in this event schedule....

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help but is not what I want. Why? Because the preset that would be at 6;45am is NOT required at any of the rest of the day (and also is at a PTZ no so easy for the camera to go, so it is not good to go to that preset during the patrol time)

What you think?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help but is not what I want. Why? Because the preset that would be at 6;45am is NOT required at any of the rest of the day (and also is at a PTZ no so easy for the camera to go, so it is not good to go to that preset during the patrol time)

What you think?
Right so if lets say you want preset 6 to only work during profile 5..click on preset 6 and uncheck all the profiles except 5...this alone should make it go to preset 6 during profile 5...if not setup the event as indicated..this will do exactly what you want.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Review my last attachment of this post.
Review what you said, is what I did and is not working!! (>> Profile 5 has only Preset 6)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Review my last attachment of this post.
Review what you said, is what I did and is not working!! (>> Profile 5 has only Preset 6)
Yes but did you uncheck profile 5 in the other presets?

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes... look an example/attachment

(Preset 5 ISN´T checked at Profile 5)

Attachments

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I try and let you know... Thanks fo your time

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still with the issue. At this time here at Mexico is the moment that the profile is activated but the camera is at other presets

Caspy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i have overcome this issue by making 2 presets the same for my profile 2 so i have 2 of the same image (front door) tick both boxes for your chosen presets... now the system thinks its moving between 2 presets but actualy what you see is one in the same.. i found when you only have 1 preset then it fails to change to the next profile.. hope this helps..

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hahaha... really good trick Caspy

Resolved as you said !!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have overcome this issue by making 2 presets the same for my profile 2 so i have 2 of the same image (front door) tick both boxes for your chosen presets... now the system thinks its moving between 2 presets but actualy what you see is one in the same.. i found when you only have 1 preset then it fails to change to the next profile.. hope this helps..
Brilliant!....You might want to let Ken know so that he can fix this bug...