Why does BI seem to merge recordings?

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been using the BI trial. I get only a few recordings per day, but they will be very long. For example, I have a video from today that was triggered when I got home. There are various motion events that seem to be stitched together making about 30 minutes total. If you actually watch the video, you can see where there is a time lapse in the continuous video. I can't say this is horrible, this is probably better than 10 three minute videos. Is there a setting that tells BI whether to break out into smaller clips or merge related events?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using the BI trial. I get only a few recordings per day, but they will be very long. For example, I have a video from today that was triggered when I got home. There are various motion events that seem to be stitched together making about 30 minutes total. If you actually watch the video, you can see where there is a time lapse in the continuous video. I can't say this is horrible, this is probably better than 10 three minute videos. Is there a setting that tells BI whether to break out into smaller clips or merge related events?
camera properties>record>combine or cut each

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
camera properties>record>combine or cut each
I found that the setting was checked and set to 8 hours. I unchecked it. I will try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the help!

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found that the setting was checked and set to 8 hours. I unchecked it. I will try it out and see how it goes. Thanks for the help!
I like this feature. I increased mine to 24 hours instead of eight. I like having one file, for each 24 hour period, for each of my fourteen cameras.