Why this didnt trigger an alert?

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
hey guys, new BI user here. still experimenting with motion detection, but stumped how this didnt get caught.

Min obj size = 230
Min contrast = 35
min duration = 0.7
object detection off
no zone/hotspot
cancel shadow = yes
black and white = no
break time = 30 sec

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Liquidskin Welcome to the forum. What version of blue iris (exact version number)...
Note that you have to have at least one zone set (zone A is default) to capture motion.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. Version is 4.3.0.6. Regarding the zone, I'm just using zone a with the entire frame green

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman. Version is 4.3.0.6. Regarding the zone, I'm just using zone a with the entire frame green
Blue iris allows you to run the recorded video through motion detection and show you what it detected if anything...right click on the video..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did get some purple boxes, what can I further assume based on that?
Possible that the size is too small. How did you capture the video? was it set to continuous? or did it trigger and record just did not send an alert?

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Possible that the size is too small. How did you capture the video? was it set to continuous? or did it trigger and record just did not send an alert?
im running continuous recording for now; for this one i spotted the raccoon while doing a fast scroll through the recording.

is there a way to replay the video AND see if trigger will occur based on current motion settings?

Mattias

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

First of all I would change these settings:

cancel shadow = NO
black and white = YES (Only in nighttime)

Cancel shadows is only good in daytime. I think a good way is to have diffrent settings daytime and night time and use the schedule to change profile.
If that dosen't fully help I would try and lower the contrast setting. I have the contrast to around 25-30 in the nighttime on my cameras.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

First of all I would change these settings:

cancel shadow = NO
black and white = YES (Only in nighttime)

Cancel shadows is only good in daytime. I think a good way is to have diffrent settings daytime and night time and use the schedule to change profile.
If that dosen't fully help I would try and lower the contrast setting. I have the contrast to around 25-30 in the nighttime on my cameras.
cheers, i'll try that.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
i think your racoon was less than 230 pixels. get a bigger one. :)
or try smaller min object size.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
My night coverage is getting a little better, captured a racoon and possum last night! Getting tons of false alarms on tree shadows during the daytime though. The contrast of jet-black shadows on my red deck really pops..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My night coverage is getting a little better, captured a racoon and possum last night! Getting tons of false alarms on tree shadows during the daytime though. The contrast of jet-black shadows on my red deck really pops..
You can set different profiles for night and day, relative to sunrise sunset.

Liquidskin

n3wb
Reaction score
You can set different profiles for night and day, relative to sunrise sunset.
which i am running, so for daytime i have black and white as "off", shadows = on and a zone to focus on the entrance stairs. getting alot of false alarms with the trees swaying. trying object detection now...