wierd ip server address

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
looking at my logs it shows server being ip address 149.171.76.42 which is in
Australia

I'm not there. LOL..
I looked at my states from my pfsense router nothing there.. I blocked it ip address at firewall level.. anyone else seeing that IP?

10 2/1/2017 11:23:05 AM admin 0.0.0.0: Login
0 2/1/2017 11:23:05 AM App Today's sunrise: 5:44 AM, sunset: 3:52 PM
0 2/1/2017 11:23:05 AM App Remote Session Begins
2 2/1/2017 11:23:06 AM Server IP Address: 149.171.76.42
3 2/1/2017 11:25:20 AM VANSTREET MOTION
10 2/1/2017 11:25:36 AM admin 0.0.0.0: Logout, 2:33
0 2/1/2017 11:25:36 AM App Stopped
0 2/1/2017 11:25:38 AM App Started
0 2/1/2017 11:25:38 AM App Current profile: DAY
4 2/1/2017 11:25:39 AM Clips D:: 0, 0K/10.0G
4 2/1/2017 11:25:39 AM Clips C:: 0, 0K/12.0G
4 2/1/2017 11:25:39 AM

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Weird....I see that entry in my log too. Immediately after it I see another entry with the correct ip.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It is there in mine as well (BI 4.5.0.1). The Options > Web server tab thinks that is my public IP, and I can't tell it otherwise.

Has anyone told the developer about this yet?

Reaction score
Lol.....I purchased BlueIris last night, very excited about it (after hours and days of online research debating about buying a boxed security system or giving BlueIris a try).

I first spent quite a bit of time updating the firmware of 3 d-link network cameras I had lying around. These cameras hadn't been used in like a year or so because they were having issues and I didn't had the time to deal with them. It was last night when I noticed I hadn't updated the firmware in ages and they very outdated!!!. They worked fine after the update.

So after configuring the cameras and setting up BlueIris (the essential settings), I embarked on reading the help about the Web Server.

During the setup of the web server, I did notice this very strange ip address (the one who caused this entry in the forum) supposedly being my router's internet public address... ????

I didn't know what to think because, when reading my router's status page, it showed a very different public address....so I scratched my head for some time...LOL

In the end, I tried the ip indicated by the router ---and noticed that I can "uncheck" the box in BlueIris settings that says "Refresh external IP at startup an again every XX minutes"...So I unchecked it, because it was overriding my manually entered router's ip.

Anyways, long story short, I was so puzzled by that strange IP starting with 145 or something.... UNTIL I AM READ THIS POST TODAY ----LOL

By the way, please give me some applause, I managed to configure remote access perfectly, even when I have 2 routers in series ....so did the "daisy chaining" of port forwarding port 81 !!!!

I also purchased the ipad app for BlueIris, all is working fine ! Very pleased with BI so far ---- although I have disabled recording on the cameras until I read a bit more the help, so I can configure things properly with schedules and profiles.

PS: My BlueIris updated itself this morning to 4.5.0.2 so I'm going to test if the strange IP went away... EDIT: Yes, it works fine now and shows the proper public internet address of my router.

Cheers to all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol.....I purchased BlueIris last night, very excited about it (after hours and days of online research debating about buying a boxed security system or giving BlueIris a try).

I first spent quite a bit of time updating the firmware of 3 d-link network cameras I had lying around. These cameras hadn't been used in like a year or so because they were having issues and I didn't had the time to deal with them. It was last night when I noticed I hadn't updated the firmware in ages and they very outdated!!!. They worked fine after the update.

So after configuring the cameras and setting up BlueIris (the essential settings), I embarked on reading the help about the Web Server.

During the setup of the web server, I did notice this very strange ip address (the one who caused this entry in the forum) supposedly being my router's internet public address... ????

I didn't know what to think because, when reading my router's status page, it showed a very different public address....so I scratched my head for some time...LOL

In the end, I tried the ip indicated by the router ---and noticed that I can "uncheck" the box in BlueIris settings that says "Refresh external IP at startup an again every XX minutes"...So I unchecked it, because it was overriding my manually entered router's ip.

Anyways, long story short, I was so puzzled by that strange IP starting with 145 or something.... UNTIL I AM READ THIS POST TODAY ----LOL

By the way, please give me some applause, I managed to configure remote access perfectly, even when I have 2 routers in series ....so did the "daisy chaining" of port forwarding port 81 !!!!

I also purchased the ipad app for BlueIris, all is working fine ! Very pleased with BI so far ---- although I have disabled recording on the cameras until I read a bit more the help, so I can configure things properly with schedules and profiles.

PS: My BlueIris updated itself this morning to 4.5.0.2 so I'm going to test if the strange IP went away... EDIT: Yes, it works fine now and shows the proper public internet address of my router.

Cheers to all.
welcome to the forum..disable auto update. Then manually install updates direct from the website so you have old versions to revert to. Dont update every single release unless you are having an issue or need a new feature.

Reaction score
Thanks ! --- done, I only left ON the option to prompt for updates at startup but will download them from the website as recommended.