WiFi Camera suggestions with built in storage (SD card)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking to set up a camera (one) that has the ability to record to an SD card or similar, and be possible to view the camera and its past recordings over WiFi on a phone, etc.

The location the camera is being placed outside a shipping container which is in a secluded area of the property. We have a full WiFi system on the property so we have a great connection even at this location. There is also power available in the container.

The container is NOT heated, and Canadian winters can sometimes get down to -35c so I don't think having a PoE camera and a full DVR setup is a good idea. Yea, I could heat the container, but I'm not going to do that...

We like the simplicity of the WiFi cameras that have that SD card inside for recording

Requirements:
  • WiFi capable
  • SD card recording capability
  • View-able (live and past recordings) from phone remotely
  • Night vision
  • Good in cold temperatures
  • Standalone
  • $200 budget
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome Sugarkryptonite

I recall seeing a number of Dahua WiFi outdoor rated cameras which may work for you, you would have to check the temp range, and you would want to get a nice water resistant junction box.

Network Camera - IPC-HFW5100-IRA, IPC-HFW5200-IRA, IPC-HFW5100D - Dahua Technology
Hi mat,

Thanks for answering.

Actually I just purchased one of the Dahua WiFi cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY on Saturday!

I should have updated this thread when I did...oops :facepalm:

Thanks