Wifi ipcam extender

claudio20

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I bought this camera kit Screenshot
Could somebody show me how to change the IP of a camera and connect it by access point?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. If you have not done so, I highly recommend you read the Wiki at this top of this page with special focus on the Cliff Notes.

If you get overwhelmed by all the info, just remember these points:
  • Do not use wireless (Wi-Fi) for cameras or NVR; only use CAT-5e or 6 solid copper cable.
  • Do not use a cloud solution or P2P (Peer to Peer) where you scan a QR code with your smartphone or tablet.
  • Bullet cameras outdoors attract spiders and their webs because of the ring of IR LED's around the lens, a turret design is much better.
  • Dome cameras also usually have issues outdoors with dust, fog, etc.
  • Purchase cameras and NVR that are POE (Power Over Ethernet) for dependability, less clutter (no wall wart power supplies) and more secure (easier to secure and hide cables).
  • Stick with known brands such as discussed in the Cliff Notes.
Sure you end up spending more than you planned but anything worth doing is worth doing correctly and you spend less time troubleshooting issues and addressing problems. If your budget is small at least purchase 2 or 3 GOOD cameras initially and a NVR that can be expanded, then add a camera periodically when you can afford it. You'll be a lot happier with it and you'll be rewarded with better results.

Last edited: