Will BI work on these

Mick Dixon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
Sorry if this seems a stupid question
We have just switched to Hikvision and wanting to know if Bi is compatable with what we have
All Hikvision
DS-7608NI-K2-8P NVR
DS-2CD2385FWD-I We have 3 of these and more on the way, 2 4MM and 1 6MM
DS-2DE4A2201W-DE 2MP IR Mini PTZ

Computer wise
see attached photos.
comp1.jpg comp2.jpg

Will the computer we use be enough and dedicated to BI alone and be on all the time??

Like i said sorry if these a stupid questions

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will the computer we use be enough and dedicated to BI alone and be on all the time??
Re: the Hikvison gear, no prob with BI.

Re: the Dell, it'll work with the AMD CPU but BI won't be optimized performance-wise. Here's an excerpt from the IPCamtalk wiki, I believe authored by @bp2008 :

"The most important aspect of a Blue Iris computer is the CPU. The CPU determines how much live video your system will be able to process (or, roughly, how many cameras you can have). It also determines how much electricity your system consumes.

Blue Iris supports hardware-accelerated H.264 decoding through the use of Quick Sync Video, a technology that is exclusive to Intel CPUs. It is unwise to purchase any CPU, intending to use it for Blue Iris, if it does not support Quick Sync Video. Quick Sync is not available on any AMD processor."

You can read all of "Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris" ==>> here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That amd cpu is rather weak, its equivalent to an older i3 desktop processor but without the benefit of quicksync. It will choke under the 4k cameras you have and are adding.

Last edited: