will Open VPN work with 3801HGV router?

GKyle840

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have Uverse internet and I have gotten a couple dahua cameras to work on my home network.
after reading a bit, it seems I dont want to forward ports but need to set up a VPN. I have researched this a bit and from everything I gather, it is not possible to do this at all while using my 3801HGV router.
I was curious if anyone is familiar with this router and if it is indeed true that it does not support a VPN.
I believe it is a Pace router made for AT&T Uverse.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have Uverse internet and I have gotten a couple dahua cameras to work on my home network.
after reading a bit, it seems I dont want to forward ports but need to set up a VPN. I have researched this a bit and from everything I gather, it is not possible to do this at all while using my 3801HGV router.
I was curious if anyone is familiar with this router and if it is indeed true that it does not support a VPN.
I believe it is a Pace router made for AT&T Uverse.
The router will not support vpn. You will need to buy a router that supports VPN (asus is easy to configure and provides regular timely firmware updates). You need to place the 3801 in bridge mode then place the asus behind the 3801.