Reaction score
Hello !
I am an old user of blue iris.
In past I have used blue iris with W7 with no problems for many years
But recently I have increased number of cameras and I wished to install
O.S. windows 10: I have problems with timelapse and recording
Timelapse doesn't start and each camera shows 0kb files even after hours
I have installed windows 10 home
I have tried with 2 computers, installing and unistalling Blue iris trial but always same result
Do you have any idea ? Is there bugs in the timelapse function ?
Wait for your reply
Thanks in advance
Carlo

gsxr1181

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't give any support on your issue, but much like you, I had zero issues on Win7. Multiple Windows 10 installs gave me headaches. Best solution is to just go back to Windows 7, and don't look forward. I don't think it's an issue with BI, but just the quirkiness of Windows 10.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't give any support on your issue, but much like you, I had zero issues on Win7. Multiple Windows 10 installs gave me headaches. Best solution is to just go back to Windows 7, and don't look forward. I don't think it's an issue with BI, but just the quirkiness of Windows 10.
Bi works fantastic with Windows 10..I have over 20 systems running on 10..With 7 there are limitations like running as a service with hardware acceleration...If you are having issues with 10 it's user error...

gocar1965

n3wb
Reaction score
Bi works fantastic with Windows 10..I have over 20 systems running on 10..With 7 there are limitations like running as a service with hardware acceleration...If you are having issues with 10 it's user error...
Thanks Fenderman for reply. But have you ever tried with timelapse function ? Please if you have some time try timelapse and let me know. I am quite sure you will experience same problem: the file never increase in dimension or you can't
open it at all

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman for reply. But have you ever tried with timelapse function ? Please if you have some time try timelapse and let me know. I am quite sure you will experience same problem: the file never increase in dimension or you can't
open it at all
Works perfectly...you are the only person who i have seen have this problem...
make sure you have a CLEAN windows 10 install..not an in place upgrade.