Windows 11...

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
OK... finally got the new laptop and am typing this on it right now.

The first thing I am finding objectionable in Windows 11.... This sonofabitch has OneDrive embedded and has taken over MyDocs, Pictures, etc. etc. etc.... I have a a shit-show going on with this.
I am not laughing at you. Same damn thing happens to me on our PC's at work. OneDrive is a royal pain in my ass. I am betting a liberal came up with the idea.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I am waiting for Microsoft to come out with "Windows Classic". The operating system that looks like and behaves like Windows 7 or XP. Then they can come out with "Office Classic", where they do away with all the hieroglyphic symbols and put our decades old menu bar back in and get rid of the ribbon. I would actually pay for that, provided it worked like it used to and Microsoft quit trying to slide in forced "security" updates in in the background.

Reaction score
I am not laughing at you. Same damn thing happens to me on our PC's at work. OneDrive is a royal pain in my ass. I am betting a liberal came up with the idea.
Yeah--- wish I had known about how OneDrive would take over folders OUTSIDE the Onedrive folder. Someone needs to smack the shit out of that developer and tell him to stay in his lane... or minimally in in his own damn folder. I have a ton of stuff sitting in OneDrive that I do not want ANYWHERE else. I also am very selective about what I put INTO my OneDrive. I had just dropped a software iso on my desktop, and a minute or so later it had maxed out my OneDrive storage. Then I try to delete, and it says it will delete files locally to mirror Onedrive.... WTF..... Took a while to shut down the wonderful "Backup" feature imposed on Windows 11 users...

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
OneDrive is just like Brandon. Wants to stick it nose where it wasn't invited and take control of everything, from data to e-mail to e-mail attachments, pictures, databases, PDF files and CAD drawings. I constantly fight it 5 days a week. It wants to throw everything up in the cloud. That's one of the reasons I like my Macs. It makes a suggestion to put stuff in icloud, you tell it to go fuck off once and it actually listens to you and runs off with it tail between it's legs.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Microsoft. When they started pulling that shit with the cloaked updates on Win 7 a few years ago, to secretly backdoor themselves into your OS and them upgrade your PC to 10 without warning you, that was the final straw for me. They have sold the younger generation on "cloud storage"as being something new and trendy, when it is just a repackaged word for offsite data centers, which have been around for decades. I don't store Anything in "the Cloud".

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah they had a stranglehold on my old reciepts and a couple bikini babes,,,,,,,They keep playing the shell game and getting to actually delete from the One Drive recycle bin is all manual, unless you want to leave it there for the the Cloud snoopers to view before deleting.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
i signed out of my one drive account by using the Unlink this PC setting above. But then it showed that all the recycle bin items were still just sitting there. So I had to log back in and play fuck around for 10 mintues chasing down file deletion from Recycle bBin

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If, and that's a BIG IF, I ever go to Win11 it'll be from an iso installed without a network connection. Once I shut down One Drivel and anything else I possibly can I'll connect to the internet and let it update but guess it'll still have to be watched to make sure it doesn't enable things again.

Microsoft seems to be following their past track record of every other iteration of Windows is total crap.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
oh fuck me....i had a NVR static Ip address in the 1.x subnet plugged into a 0.x network. SDKid got me all worried LOL....Then my neice was fucking Spinning the New PTZ around by hand and shit, so I wanted to make sure the GD thing still worked after child abuse.
and it does thankfully
no 11 year olds were harmed in this Windows 11 tragedy.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It shouldn't be allowed. MS are forcing people into being montiored with Windows 11 / 10 Updates.

I still click skip on the finish setting up your accoutn later page but for how much longer? Once that disappears and you have to log into yuor pc with a MS account, MS are going to be monitoring everything you are doing for marketing or other purposes.

Surely someone somewhere will challenege this for privacy issues via a Government Agency as they're the only ones who cann afford to take on MS?

I personally find it unacceptable that I'm forced to install updates I don't want on my own PC. Who exactly owns it? Would it be acceptable to people if you bought a house and the developer decided to come in and redocrate it to how he wanted every so often? I doubt so.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm overtired and and over networked. I brought the NVR from work on a 192.168.1.207 address, and my new Verizon router modem, is on 192.168.0.1 :drool: I got two dvr/ Nvr's running, and 1 is for experimenting.
time to unplug.....

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm overtired and and over networked. I brought the NVR from work on a 192.168.1.207 address, and my new Verizon router modem, is on 192.168.0.1 :drool: I got two dvr/ Nvr's running, and 1 is for experimenting.
time to unplug.....
So what’s the issue?