Windows 11...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Folks, imagine it's May 18, 1998 for a minute or two: ==>> JUSTICE DEPARTMENT FILES ANTITRUST SUIT AGAINST MICROSOFT FOR UNLAWFULLY MONOPOLIZING COMPUTER SOFTWARE MARKETS

An excerpt from Attorney General Janet Reno:​
"The Internet is an immensely popular medium for communication, commerce, and the information flow of the 21st century. No firm should be permitted to use its monopoly power to develop a chokehold on the browser software needed to access the Internet."

Now fast-forward almost 24 years to the present and I can guarantee the present left-leaning Admin will sit and watch as MS repeats their behavior as it was prior to '98 but THIS TIME will do nothing, because they are as left-leaning, power-hungry, money-grabbing and privacy-invading as their partner in crime....Microsoft.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So what’s the issue?
(yawn) Clearing the cobwebs....
What is what issue......W11 login? One drive. unlinking PC from One Drive worked. But the part of the Browser issue was being on the wrong Net trying to sign in. Then The message, ( once inside the Amcrest Gui) was something " your browser does not support this function or something... when it tried display the camera images/feeds on screen. But whatever.
Until I get my mind synced up,,,,I'm not sure what's what...
I swap the single ethernet cord and the single USB WiFi adapter between 3-4 devices and get myself all screwed up. :)

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
It shouldn't be allowed. MS are forcing people into being montiored with Windows 11 / 10 Updates.

I still click skip on the finish setting up your accoutn later page but for how much longer? Once that disappears and you have to log into yuor pc with a MS account, MS are going to be monitoring everything you are doing for marketing or other purposes.

Surely someone somewhere will challenege this for privacy issues via a Government Agency as they're the only ones who cann afford to take on MS?

I personally find it unacceptable that I'm forced to install updates I don't want on my own PC. Who exactly owns it? Would it be acceptable to people if you bought a house and the developer decided to come in and redocrate it to how he wanted every so often? I doubt so.
Ah, but you don't own the OS on your system, nor should you expect any right to privacy. You are leasing it from MS, with the annual "Pay-to-play" program. They now can dictate when, where, how often, how much, to whom, what color, etc, etc, etc and you will like it and you will accept it as normal. You will store your files exactly where they tell you to store them and they will watch you while you do it. They will look at every single byte that moves within their system and may record it for use later as part of their training experience. They will share that "experience" with all their friends and fellow thieves, discreetly concealed as "third party" vendors.....and you will like it. What's the old saying? "The beatings will continue until the morale improves".

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So what happens if a guy installs windows 7? I suppose you can get all the nag screens from Google Chrome, and Internet explorer and windows defender.
Grrrrr. i guess don't have to worry about 11 until they end extended suport for 10

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Microsoft is gonna keep fucking around with their OS and customizing to suit their ransomewear software rental scheme and the open-source Raspberri PI is gonna sneak in under their radar and be able to run standard office product and video feeds, all for $50.00., truly making Microsoft a boated, high priced OS that nobody will want anymore.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Raspberri PI is gonna sneak in under their radar and be able to run standard office product and video feeds, all for $50.00., truly making Microsoft a boated, high priced OS that nobody will want anymore."

Lets hope so....
"Microsoft purchases Raspberry Pi for 6.8 million. MS CEO Satya Nadella says the newly acquired company will be re-tooled to make smart office chairs and robotic vacuums with AI."

Let's also hope the above never comes true....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
How can thousands of employees in Redmond Washington, not get the integration for MS office and Outlook correct after all the years these products have been around. I have office 365 on here, but I'm not having any problems.
Yahoo.com is shit anyway.
I'm using Start 11. I've been using stardock start products since windows 8.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
How can thousands of employees in Redmond Washington, not get the integration for MS office and Outlook correct after all the years these products have been around. I have office 365 on here, but I'm not having any problems.
Yahoo.com is shit anyway.
I'm using Start 11. I've been using stardock start products since windows 8.
The issue is that are probably hundreds of apps that integrate with Office, bit like some cams having issues with BI.

The real problem is that unless you have some sort of support contract with MS apart from user forums there’s no way to get any traction.

I’m currently looking at an issue for a customer where OneDrive fails to automatically login on user logon. Used to work but now doesn’t. Have a call logged and MS support are a nightmare to deal with and even though you tell them what diagnosis you have done they will want you to start over. All I’m glad of is that they no longer seem to ask if the problem goes away on a vanilla install as that in the past helped absolutely no one.