WIP installation

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a couple of the cams mounted. (Ignore the obvious construction going on) Purchased from Andy.

Cams: 5 x IPC-HDBW4431F-AS (3 2.8mm, 2 3.6mm)
NVR: i5-8600k Win10 BlueIris rackmount.

Two of the 5 are mounted in their permanent locations.

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge so thank you all for the content!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
side note and unrelated, but you can specify an event color for each camera so they appear independently on the timeline...camera properties>general

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't realize. That'll be handy when I get the others online/future adds.

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Little more progress on the backbone of the system. Needed to upgrade to a new rack with the added gear. This has been a fun justification to nerd out on the home network.

Hardware:
V7 RMWC12U-1N - 12U rack w/ locking panels
TrendNET 24 port patch panel
BV POE-SW800G 8 port PoE switch
TP link 16 port unmanaged switch
Unifi USG w/ mikrotek R450 Rackmount adapter
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 - demoted to AP mode
Raspberry Pi - Unifi Controller
8 outlet PDU
Tripplite 1500VA (SMART1500LCD)
Custom BI server

Need to re route and re punch my cat6 runs through the house. Need to finish mounting the remaining cameras. (you can see 3 dangling from the picture. Wanted to see what storage capacity would actually be over a week period so I plugged them in.) I relocated my R7000 from the basement to a central closet in the first floor living room. I ran a new outlet and line down to the rack so the WiFi is also on a battery backup.

Pictured is my old network rack bracket, new one without front door and side panels, progress, and final configuration minus re running and punching the house's cat6 runs.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fyi, you cannot determine storage capacity by simply plugging in the camera and recording unless you are running a constant bit rate and in that case you can calculate it easily....with vbr you need the actual scene...

STGMavrick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They're all CBR H.265. I calculated 3.3T for 14 days of storage (enough to cover a vacation), but I still want to see. I also wanted to see the system's full load and pre configure the other cameras.