Wireless Camera Recommendation

Reaction score
Hello, my current setup is 3x Foscam FI8910 recording with Blue Iris. One of my cameras died on me so looking to replace and hopefully upgrade the quality staying under $200. My only two requirements are it has to be wireless (as much as I wish I could hard wire) and it has to be compatible with blue iris. Bonus points if its HD.

Could anyone recommend me a good wireless indoor camera?

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I search and poked around before I posted but couldnt find much.

I dont get the hate for wireless cams, the foscams I have used for 3 years were very stable and reliable.

Using a bridge still introduces wireless as the bottleneck...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! I search and poked around before I posted but couldnt find much.

I dont get the hate for wireless cams, the foscams I have used for 3 years were very stable and reliable.

Wireless is a bottleneck whether you use the bridge or not..the bridge will not be any more of a bottleneck then a wifi camera.
That said, look at the hikvision cube cameras with a 2.8mm lens (if you need a wide angle)...they are fantastic.
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-2cd2420f-iw-2mp-indoor-ir-wifi-cube-camera-2-8mm.html

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2432-IW is good for indoors. You can find it all over the place for sale, aliexpress.com, amazon.com, ebay, nellyssecurity.com, etc. The cheaper options will be Chinese region cameras where if you attempt to upgrade the firmware you will run into trouble (so don't try).

Edit: fenderman linked a 2 megapixel version of the same camera. It costs a lot less so I encourage you to buy that if you want one. They are great little cameras, loaded with features, even a built in microphone and speaker.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To clarify, these are not tabletop cameras, these are designed to be ceiling or wall(will mount) mounted...if op is looking for a tabletop camera the cube is the way to go...

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score

Wifi works 99.x percent of the time here is a good read http://routerguide.net/

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I notice the specs say the Hikvision pan/tilt camera above only has a 180 degree pan range. Kind of a silly limit when most cheap PT cameras have a range closer to 340 degrees.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I notice the specs say the Hikvision pan/tilt camera above only has a 180 degree pan range. Kind of a silly limit when most cheap PT cameras have a range closer to 340 degrees.
How often would you need 180 degree pan range? Unless you plan to mount this in the center of the room, but I doubt anyone does this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
How often would you need 180 degree pan range? Unless you plan to mount this in the center of the room, but I doubt anyone does this.
Not often. I maybe log in to my indoor PT three times a year. It is only plugged in when I go on vacation anyway, and it is only a minor inconvenience to have this limited range where I am putting it. I only point out the 180 degree pan range because most pan/tilt cameras do not have this limit.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know if this cam has multiple IRs or just one?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, considering to buy it

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/brfxpCh6[/QUOTE] CCTV Camera Wholesale are bums. That guy sold me three (3) HIK turret cameras which came with badly hacked firmware where each camera was in a continual reboot loop. I had to pay someone to downgrade each camera. Then the seller accused me of "improper configuration" and he was nasty to me. He was more than a bit creepy; I'd avoid him if I were you.

Reaction score
@Q2U that's a real bummer. Thanks for the info. Guess you saved me a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If I recall, at the time there were a lot of chinese sellers installing badly hacked firmware. No doubt they all got it from the same source.

Anyway, yes, there is no doubt it works with Blue Iris.