Wireless Cameras?

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Replacing an install that has all analog cameras on it right now with Hikvision IP cams. Two of the cameras right now are placed outside with wireless connection.

What is recommended for a wireless camera from Hikvision or another brand that works with iVMS-4500? This camera does not need to be anything special. 4MP 2.8mm or 4mm will do the trick.

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is not wireless you will need to provide power. Battery cameras really do not work.

Use any camera outside, I recommend Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras.
Connect them to the network using a a wifi extender. If possible use 5GHZ there is less interference, but it has less range.

I do not recommend the use of WIFI for surveillance cameras, it is unreliable.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is not wireless you will need to provide power. Battery cameras really do not work.

Use any camera outside, I recommend Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras.
Connect them to the network using a a wifi extender. If possible use 5GHZ there is less interference, but it has less range.

I do not recommend the use of WIFI for surveillance cameras, it is unreliable.
Right, by wireless I meant the network connectivity part. I will likely see what I have to do to get an Ethernet cable ran to each spot but it's a pretty isolated area. Dahua's don't work with iVMS though, correct? I need to display these cameras through iVMS