Wireless microphone or ip microphone

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I replaced an analog setup that had an analog camera plus separate microphone with an ip camera with built in mic (eyesurve) . Video quality is nice but audio sucks because it's so quiet.

Any idea for an ip microphone or wireless microhpne. I cannot run new wire to the same spot the old mic was at without doing some remodeling. Other option is to put another camera on the other side and just have it pointed at different spot and add the microphone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which camera model do you have...i know dahua pushed a firmware update that was supposed to improve the audio levels..

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's this eyesurv camera EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-DM3

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's this eyesurv camera EYEsurv ESIP-MP3-DM3
Dahua pushed an update for the camera to improve the audio...i didnt do much before and after testing but i can hear the audio just fine from the camera(I have the dahua branded version of the same camera) ...check with @RyanODan/Nelly's to see if they have the update.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just emailed him about ten minutes ago or so

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always wanted an IP microphone but there really isn't such a thing as far as I can tell, and even if there was it would likely not be supported properly by any surveillance software right out of the box.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ya figured there was no ip mic but you never know

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've always wanted an IP microphone but there really isn't such a thing as far as I can tell, and even if there was it would likely not be supported properly by any surveillance software right out of the box.
What I'd like is a POE IP PA system type setup independent of the cameras that doesn't cost over a $1,000. I may end up having to purchase several cameras with an audio out feature, or use a wired speaker option (ugh!).

My goal is to be able to talk (as in yell "hey stop that") to the 8 dogs I have outside to correct behaviour without having to go outside, also as an added bonus play some music thru them for events outside. It would be ideal to do this thru a POE IP setup with a wireless mic (think karaoke) but everything I've found is for schools and such (i.e. professional and expensive).

So if anyone has knowledge of such a system please post back - thanks! :cool:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any idea of a Dahua camera with good microphone