Wires caught

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution. can i buy the female end and attach remaining wires?
they got caught in the extension box but I did not notice due to being upside down on a ladder.

Attachments

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Depending on your installation situation you could terminate the wires on a keystone jack.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried that i could not get them to connect when punched down, too thin?

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can i cut off the end with the power connector to get more wire so i can solder?

Attachments

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like you already have enough to splice and solder the existing wires.
If you really need more wire, the plug plastic can be controllably melted with a hot air pen at 190C

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like you already have enough to splice and solder the existing wires.
If you really need more wire, the plug plastic can be controllably melted with a hot air pen at 190C

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Was the upside down part caught on one of your other cams? We'd all love to see that video clip!

Also, if you have none of the gadgets shown earlier in the thread, you could punch down a short length of regular cat 5 or 6 into the keystone, and then solder that solid wire to the existing stubs of the stranded stuff in the cable.

Crude and ugly, but it should work.

drewgost

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If all else fails, you may consider this.
Nice little tool there Tony.

Pins 4&5 are tied together internally as are pins 7&8. I cannot vouch for about the actual wire functions (ie, Video, etc.. Accept the POE lines are pretty clear. Note that 4&5 are POE+ while 7&8 are POE- This is different than the diagrams shown above. I also found that there are four wires going to the +12v power jack I assume they double up to handle the larger currents.

And for the records where it says that pins 4&5 as well as pins 7&8 are tied together internally, they are tied in the female connector internally so if you go by way of the keystone jack you need to put jumpers, Though I did try to connect to one but the wires are too thin to make connection.

Attachments