Wiring diagram for water damaged rj 45

sensey3

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no wiring diagram, dont use ones found in Internet from 10 years away, hikvision can use different pcb versions with different colours (in same ipc model without additional information or version mark). Its best to check arrangement with old socket pin by pin (pin to colour).

Reaction score
There is no wiring diagram, dont use ones found in Internet from 10 years away, hikvision can use different pcb versions with different colours (in same ipc model without additional information or version mark). Its best to check arrangement with old socket pin by pin (pin to colour).
how to check pin by pin ?? By opening the connector??

sensey3

n3wb
Reaction score
how to check pin by pin ?? By opening the connector??
If your old connector failed due to corrosion then if you still have it use multimeter (to check which pin corresponds to which colour). Even corroded one should be easy to connect.
In worst case scenario, it may be necessary to open the connector. But still its more safe solution and will work for that camera (again, other DS-2CD2043G2-I could have different pin-colour layout).

E: if camera is still under warranty then you can also contact your supplier, hikvision can repair those with small fee/no fee, depending on case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've cleaned up worse than that with a toothbrush, dental pick, and contact cleaner. But if you're set on replacing it, you can cut it off and make your own wiring diagram with multimeter as stated above. If mine, I'd try like heck to save it first.
No bro...I also want to save it...I sprayed it with isopropyl alcohol but not rubbed it...will rub it with toothbrush
p.s. thanks for help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no wiring diagram, dont use ones found in Internet from 10 years away, hikvision can use different pcb versions with different colours (in same ipc model without additional information or version mark).
That diagram is still valid, no reason not to use it, except that -
Note - on the later (G1) cameras, Hikvision have swapped pins 4 and 5 (Grey and Purple).