Witch is best firmware update to old china import DS-2CD2132-I

maxpain80

n3wb
Reaction score
So help noob littlebit. Which firmware update is safest and best update to update old DS-2CD2132 And witch server to use ? eu usa or what ?

I have now:

ModelDS-2CD2132-I
Firmware Version V5.0.2 130805
Encoding Version V4.0 build 130411

Thanks -Max

Last edited by a moderator:

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Max,
The best firmware to use would be the latest version available. Right now I believe it is 5.2.5 for the 2xxx series cameras.
It will have the most features as well as the latest bug and security fixes.

As for server, that all depends where you are located and whether or not you have CBX's region code fix. If you don't, any update you use will turn your menus and day/week display into Chinese characters.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there something wrong with your camera that you are trying to fix? is the camera itself attached to an NVR or pc?
If there is nothing wrong with the camera and you are using an NVR or pc/nvr and the camera itself is not exposed to the internet via port forward, i would recommend leaving it alone.

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Who's talking about Witch's here? :D

It's spelled which - not witch. Those language translators make the funniest mistakes. :cool:

maxpain80

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for answers and witch, i mean which is now spelled right.

System is on the net through portforwarding. It contains camera and nas4free box.

My problems started when i had to upgrade nas box hard disk size.I didnt get that NFS working again and I tought that i had that 200gb limit or something in hikvision firmware. (Now i managed to get that working. So i dont have any problems anymore. ) Edit: Yeah offcourse i have now that 200gb limit shit going on. After format it goes "uninitiliazed"... First i managed to format 500gb nfs share then it worked couple days, but not anymore.

I have read that there is some update in night performance so that would be ok to have.

-Max

Last edited by a moderator: