With IVS set up, there are no alerts

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have this issue with one of my cameras, and the only way I can restart alerts, if I enable motion detection.
What is causing this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Which camera?

Is there an SD card in it and can you delete from BI and confirm that the camera triggers IVS without BI?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It is the 2mp ptz SD1A203T-GN.
I will have to check these out, when I get home. It's been a while since I have installed it. I have just realized, that this camera actually can be triggered to move to another preset, if something triggers it.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
There is no SD card in it.
I have deleted the camera in BI, and it reacted to the IVS event, with no motion enabled.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Man it's been a while, since I have moved the cameras around in BI. Now the Move is grayed out. How do I switch positions, to put it back where it was previously?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Click on the icon with the pencil in a box at top right. Background will turn green. Grab window you want to move at its center. Move it. Click the pencil icon again to exit the layout mode.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm just curious, if I would add trip lines one after another, and the subject would walk through those lines, the camera couldn't act as an auto tracking camera would?
The problem would be, that there is only one spot in the gui, that can be added to move too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct, that is not an autotracking camera.

Now you could set up several presets in the PTZ and call it to different presets with another camera(s) acting as spotter cameras.

I did that with my non-auotracking PTZ and it worked really well.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually it is not fixed, just the alerts showed up.
Any other camera, where I have disabled the Motion detection, they have stopped recording alerts. They all have IVS setup.
I have just tested this last night, and since then none have recorded anything.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you enabled Smart Plan and IVS? If you draw the IVS lines without enabling Smart Plan then it won't work.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Smart Plan is enabled for every camera.
I also have the IVS lines set up as well.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
What are the the settings, that have to be set for this IVS to work without motion detection? In BI and the GUI.
After every major change, the camera should be "re-installed by Find/Inspect" in BI?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the camera GUI and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

• Go in to BI and select Add Camera
  • Type in the IP address, username, and password
  • Hit the Find/inspect button and let BI choose the right settings.
  • In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".
  • Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.
  • Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.
  • On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas)
  • On the alerts tab set up how to be notified

For good measure, every time I adjust the IVS rule in the camera GUI, I do the find/inspect again in BI. I don't know if it is necessary, but it doesn't hurt either.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks, I will go through these again, when I get home, but if I remember correctly, these are already set. If I disable MD, I don't get any alerts.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you gone into the camera GUI and started unchecking things thinking it would make the camera more secure?

We have seen that before and people lose functionality of something.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Best way forward (if you don't know what you already changed and what's not): factory reset the camera. Put in the IP address. As @wittaj wrote: activate IVS (do NOT activate MD) & smart plan. Thén draw IVS lines. And in the IVS line configuration indicate whether you want an event/notification/recording/snapshot.

Then BI should be able to pick this up I guess.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I think, that is the best way to do it. The thing is, that I have the same issue, with multiple cameras. I don't even dare using other fancy smart features, that lately came out, because they don't work as expected. I would be happy, if at least IVS would work for now.
I will try this and I will report back.
Thank you guys.