Wodsee IP Cameras - Did I spend money wisely?

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got three cams from Wodsee.

See image for sensor specs.

Did I waste my money? They dont look like DNR and Starlight on my pc.. maybe not setting up correctly.google.jpg

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
very likely.. but I guess it depends on what you were looking for.. they dont look half bad for what you paid, but saying you spent $230 on 3 cameras you didnt pay much.. you surely got the bottom of barrel in performance and features and that rarely works out well.. depends on how well your environment copes, I paid more for better cameras so I could save money/power on the storage backend, as a result my setup is not very tolerant to any of the cheap ass cameras Ive played with simply because they are so feature poor, and unstable.. (i record 24/7 via FTP an embedded linux server that uses 5w tops).. I also find great value in some features like alarm IO, OSX Support, etc, where others wont.

but other guys here run a big BI server can use all sorts of cheap stuff and get good results because they offloaded all the hard work and nice features to BI with its vast hardware support.. so it can be very subjective.. if all you want is a quality h264 video stream for your NVR then you can use all sorts of cheap stuff out there without much trouble.. heck you can have the entire interface be in mandarin and it wont make a lick of difference to blueiris.

We cant even convince some people that FoScams are worthless because in some very rare situations they work well enough that people are happy with em.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Nayr. Great information and good advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They are not the best specs, but for the money they are fine. Personally, I am not a fan of their firmware. Longse offers the same exact hardware option and more with better web UI IMHO. See their latest catalog.

Attachments

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Big thanks Klasipca, Contacted Longse via skype and talking with sales rep. Going to order a few demo units and play around with them.

What is your fav DVR/NVR? Use theirs? or use PC/BlueIris?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I use Hikvision NVR with my Longse/Huisun cams, but I just got access to their demo NVR and it looks tempting to try out. Here is demo:

On Channel 1 is the VF cam I am waiting for:

http://183.233.190.41:8006/
longse

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am able to login and run activex but all I see are black boxes for cams. You getting same?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I just got access to their demo NVR and it looks tempting to try out
It looks like a basic NVR, no real bells and whistles. Quite a clean, straightforward UI.
Live View was fine, but I couldn't find any recorded video to check out the multi-screen playback, looks like it's 4 windows max.
ONVIF seems to be quite a theme.
I wonder to what extent the smarter ONVIF event subscriptions figure in both the NVR and the cameras.
@Klapsica - have you checked out your S500 with the 'Events' page of ONVIF Device Manager to see what type of events the camera generates?

*edit*
I am able to login and run activex but all I see are black boxes for cams. You getting same?
Dumb question for which apologies - did you click the 'Start all Live View' button?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
@klasipca, how does one control the zoom/vf for cam1 on that longse demo nvr?

update: i found that right-clicking on the image brings up a menu with PTZ options,
but zoom/focus don't seem to do anything. perhaps they have it locked down for the demo login?

thanx.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hey! i was clicking around and i opened up the garage door. heehee. :)

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like a basic NVR, no real bells and whistles. Quite a clean, straightforward UI.
Live View was fine, but I couldn't find any recorded video to check out the multi-screen playback, looks like it's 4 windows max.
I wonder to what extent the smarter ONVIF event subscriptions figure in both the NVR and the cameras.
@Klapsica - have you checked out your S500 with the 'Events' page of ONVIF Device Manager to see what type of events the camera generates?

*edit*
Dumb question for which apologies - did you click the 'Start all Live View' button?

It was my computers active x blocking. Got it thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

klasipca, thanks for the share.

If you need a good sales rep contact "Charles.longse" on Skype.

Tell him Steve send you.

Here are a few more demos to try.

------------------------------

S500 HI3516A+IMX178
demo: http://183.233.190.41:8856
user name: longse
password: 12345678

SL200 HI3516D+IMX29
demo: http://183.233.190.41:8864

A400 S2L55M+OV4689
demo: http://183.233.190.41:8852

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
?
I did not, I haven't even tried ONVIF Device Manager before.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Hikvision NVR with my Longse/Huisun cams, but I just got access to their demo NVR and it looks tempting to try out. Here is demo:

On Channel 1 is the VF cam I am waiting for:

http://183.233.190.41:8006/
longse
Do you know if they changed the credentials for this demo NVR? I can't login with longse/12345678 anymore.