wondering about how to setup my ip cam to record to my own cloud

Reaction score
hi, i purchased this cheap ip cam from ebay, the model number from the android app is CHW-PTZ and the app it uses is called YCC365. i am told by the app that if i want to use the cloud storage feature, i will have to pay for a subscription. i have my own server tower and thought that maybe with that tower it would be possible to set it up as my cloud storage for the ip cam. i am a quick learner and have messed around with network settings and such to a degree that is slightly above what the average person would probably run into having to mess with. i can read the ip address of the cam from the settings of the android app, and i figure, it should be possible for me to set this up, i just dont know where to start, so i was hoping one of you more knowledgeable on this forum could help point me in the right direction. itd be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi, i purchased this cheap ip cam from ebay, the model number from the android app is CHW-PTZ and the app it uses is called YCC365. i am told by the app that if i want to use the cloud storage feature, i will have to pay for a subscription. i have my own server tower and thought that maybe with that tower it would be possible to set it up as my cloud storage for the ip cam. i am a quick learner and have messed around with network settings and such to a degree that is slightly above what the average person would probably run into having to mess with. i can read the ip address of the cam from the settings of the android app, and i figure, it should be possible for me to set this up, i just dont know where to start, so i was hoping one of you more knowledgeable on this forum could help point me in the right direction. itd be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Welcome slickwidnick,

Turn off UPnP and P2P on your router, block the camera from communicating out of your LAN, look for an rtsp feed from the camera

drrich1101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you looking to access the camera remotely?
I think you are looking at getting a dynamic dns if you don’t have a static ip, and port forwarding to that server.

Really depends on what you want to do. There are free Dropbox accounts, or you can pay for something like netdrive

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i just dont know where to start
You're going to need to understand what options your camera has for exporting/streaming video, and then setup/configure your server accordingly.

If your camera supports SMB or FTP, you should be able to setup a SMB share/FTP site on the server. If your camera supports RTSP, you can buy/install an application like Blue Iris.

There's always a chance (although small) that the camera doesn't support anything but the paid cloud option. RING is like that.... no other options.

Reaction score
Are you looking to access the camera remotely?
I think you are looking at getting a dynamic dns if you don’t have a static ip, and port forwarding to that server.

Really depends on what you want to do. There are free Dropbox accounts, or you can pay for something like netdrive
Yeah, I can remotely view the cam with the ycc365 app, but what i want to do is save the recorded video to my own cloud so i dont have to pay for cloud storage..

Reaction score
You're going to need to understand what options your camera has for exporting/streaming video, and then setup/configure your server accordingly.

If your camera supports SMB or FTP, you should be able to setup a SMB share/FTP site on the server. If your camera supports RTSP, you can buy/install an application like Blue Iris.

There's always a chance (although small) that the camera doesn't support anything but the paid cloud option. RING is like that.... no other options.
Okay wicked! I'll try that out and let you know how it went...

zeak

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same cam and trying to connect it to home assistant I've run a port scan on the camera and this is what I have discovered.
Code:
Port Scan has started…

Port Scanning host: 192.168.0.*

Open TCP Port:     23             telnet
     Open TCP Port:     80             http
     Open TCP Port:     110            pop3
     Open TCP Port:     143            imap
     Open TCP Port:     554            rtsp
     Open TCP Port:     843
     Open TCP Port:     993            imaps
     Open TCP Port:     995            pop3s
     Open TCP Port:     3201           cpq-tasksmart
     Open TCP Port:     5050           mmcc
     Open TCP Port:     6670           vocaltec-gold
     Open TCP Port:     7101
     Open TCP Port:     7103
     Open TCP Port:     8001           vcom-tunnel
Port Scan has completed…

rowdyplace

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you "see" your camera using BlueIris? (Try the free demo.) If so, open "options" select "clips and archiving" and change the drive letter to your cloud drive - just make sure you create the same folder structure off the root of the cloud drive. (x:\BlueIris\db and x:\BlueIris\New)

I am having good luck with this approach. I have 2 cameras set to record motion detection on my front porch.

zeak

n3wb
Reaction score
Code:
Opening 192.168.0.* port 80...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-12-24T19:44:59.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: EYEPLUS
Model: EYEPLUS_DEV
FirmwareVersion: 3.3.0.0810
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is Profile_1
first source is VideoSource_1
requesting URI for profile Profile_1
RTSP URI: /
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/PTZ
Done
I do not know what the username or password is to this camera

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If possible do a hardware rest and hope for admin > admin...or Google the brand and see if you can uncover the manufacturer's default UID and password.

Reaction score
Code:
Opening 192.168.0.* port 80...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2018-12-24T19:44:59.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: EYEPLUS
Model: EYEPLUS_DEV
FirmwareVersion: 3.3.0.0810
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/Imaging
Has media services: /onvif/Media
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is Profile_1
first source is VideoSource_1
requesting URI for profile Profile_1
RTSP URI: /
Has Event services: /onvif/Events
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 0
InputConnectors: 0
Has Device IO services: /onvif/DeviceIO
AudioOutputs: 1
Has PTZ service: /onvif/PTZ
Done
Any success?

I have the same camera as zeak (according to his Blue Iris query). I have it streaming via Blue Iris (see attached screenshot) and/or VLC (rtsp://IP/) but only 720p. Connecting to IP:80 with web browsers redirects to IP/index.asp but doesn't load anything and I cannot figure out it's default username/password for logging in via telnet.

Attachments

gasseholm

n3wb
Reaction score
Any success?

I have the same camera as zeak (according to his Blue Iris query). I have it streaming via Blue Iris (see attached screenshot) and/or VLC (rtsp:/IP/) but only 720p. Connecting to IP:80 with web browsers redirects to IP/index.asp but doesn't load anything and I cannot figure out it's default username/password for logging in via telnet.
admin 12345

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A6013 med Tapatalk