Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
For the Issue pixel & chip processing issue of the 4K-T , we have another newer firmware to be released very soon, has some good improvement based on the 20220923 version for the pics.
Right now can do the testing, anyone want to try just send me DM.
Does this new firmware address the issues of artifacts and pixilation with the 4K-T?

I have the 3.6mm version and regardless of what bitrate I set or any settings I change I have a lot of artifacting and pixilation around a moving object. I've matched @Wildcat_1 settings and it doesn't improve the issue. The artifacting and pixilation occurs in the live view from the camera GUI and also in Blue Iris. It gets worse if I enable WDR. I have two of the bullet Color 4K-X's and the image on those is far superior to the image on the Color 4K-T. I'm on the current firmware version 3.000.0000000.20.R Build Date:2022-09-26 and I've already done two factory defaults without any changes.

If the new firmware addresses those issue I'd like to try it out.

Last edited:

prsmith777

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY sent me the new firmware, version V3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2022-10-21. The new firmware seems to have fixed the pixilation and artifcating issue I had with the previous firmware version. I'll keep an eye on it for the next day or so to verify the issue is resolved.
How is this new firmware working out for you?

I have two 2.8mm in black sitting on the counter waiting for me to find some time to play with.

Was hoping this firmware would be the one to use.

Reaction score
The new firmware is a huge improvement. I don't have the issue anymore where I had pixelation and artifacting around moving objects. I also set the time profile to switch between day/night and that appears to be working fine (I remember reading some people were having issues with it). With the old firmware, the camera was practically unusable. We this firmware, I'm ready to buy more of them lol.

My only complaint is if you enable WDR, it makes the picture look a little washed out and dull (My current setting is at 25). Maybe @Wildcat_1 might have some input on this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How low can you drop the WDR? Most of us have found that as low as 4 can make a big difference.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy sent me a few weeks back a beta firmware update to try and after running it a few weeks and testing it, I think many of the video issues people experienced is much better mitigated.

The white spots in extremely low light is still there, but greatly reduced in the number. I think the video quality appears to be a little better as well.