Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is it known if the Color4K-T camera is utilizing the newer Sony IMX585, over the Color4K-X's IMX485?
Is it known if the Color4K-T camera is utilizing the newer Sony IMX585, over the Color4K-X's IMX485?
I'm 100% sure that HDW5849H-ASE-LED isn't IMX585
I the answer from the firmware decrypted.
Color4K-X is sure to be IMX485.

Last edited:

Heire

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got the color4K-T installed and after some fiddling of the parameters it gives a very nice image, so i started with the IVS parameters but encountered some strange things, not sure to what this is related but perhaps other people can relate.
So I've got a NVR type NVR5216-4ks2 with some old cameras and the new turret one.
In the past i used to run on motion detection and IVS recording on event to reduce the storage usage but i'm changing towards continuous recording.
Nevertheless my old camera's (5231 & 8232) worked fine on motion and IVS events and I could use the IVS search feature to quickly scroll to all events.
So I changed my color4K to continuous and put IVS rules on the NVR, for some reason i don't see those IVS rules in the camera even though they are there?
The downside of motion recording was the too late recording but was not really an issue for the purpose, now however with continuous recording i'm wondering if the results I see are as intended:
You have to put a recording on the IVS rules otherwise you don't get any bookmark.
If you put a bookmark the NVR still does record a 15second (configured time) time video which stops the video on the normal recording, this leads to potential loosing 1-2 seconds of video data. how can you avoid this?
In general the IVS detection is mostly too late, can you put a minus delay on the detection so you can have at least a video of the whole detection period?
For some reason i can't use the IVS search feature on this camera, this morning it worked for 2 hours then stopped. So does anyone got this working?
Does anyone use SMD actually on this? but it seems the IVS uses the SMD (human/vehicle) to filter out, so that's fine by me either.

Perhaps a bit too many questions but i'm just wondering if this is the expected behavior or if there are still some bugs underneath?

Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure to setup the camera from within the camera GUI it's self, not within the NVR.
Be sure that you are using Internet Explorer to do the camera settings.
Yes, it is still buggy.

Heire

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i found the ivs page on the camera, didn't look at the "home" tab like on the nvr :)
everything seems ok as on the NVR, nvr config is correctly pushed to the camera.
I've checked the IVS search in the NVR and the strange thing is that it seems to be linked to the day/night schedule in the camera for image settings. Anyone else got this also?
Just wondering how anyone else configures their camera to the regard of continous recording as it currently drops a few seconds as it starts to record the ivs event, if i don't configure record i don't get any ivs mark on the timeline.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I record 24x7 and IVS events. I have never found a way to get the minus delay on IVS detection, which would be a huge improvement. As far as losing frames on IVS triggers goes, this was a problem for me a few years ago with the V3 NVR firmware, and it finally got fixed. Has it crept back into the firmware? I'm running a pretty old version of the V4 firmware that's working pretty well for me. On an IVS event, the NVR closes the current video file and creates a new one, then does the same thing again when the IVS event ends. They are in effect using the linux file system to index the events, which I doubt I would do if I were doing the design. I do my viewing with smartPss, rarely using the NVR's web or local interface. I vaguely remember with the web interface that the IVS events aren't visible on the timeline without some zooming. I have a V1 5216-4ks2.

frankheon

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone having any luck with SSA? When I turn it on I get a very greenish image. Full sunshine today and can't see much of what is in the sunshine area. With SSA it would be more decent but color is no good.
Also is everyone having audio issues where it seems to randomy swith between codec or I don<T know what. 1 minute it's ok, (despite not the best audio anyways) and then sort of swithches to a muffled type sound. very weird but annoying when you need the audio.
I'm on V3.0.20.R, Build Date: 2022-09-26

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua has now released a new version of firmware for this as of 01/05/2023. I just loaded it to try to see if it resolves some image digital artifact issues I was having at night with low light and it has majorly improved the low light image quality/3DNR pixelation issues. I am going to reach out to Andy to see if he has an updated version with his firmware that has these same changes in it.
Dahua's site with the firmware.
IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED (dahuasecurity.com)

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like Dahua has now released a new version of firmware for this as of 01/05/2023. I just loaded it to try to see if it resolves some image digital artifact issues I was having at night with low light and it has majorly improved the low light image quality/3DNR pixelation issues. I am going to reach out to Andy to see if he has an updated version with his firmware that has these same changes in it.
Also noticed an improvment in the audio quality, and can now see live views in the camera's UI using Firefox & Chrome.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Be sure to setup the camera from within the camera GUI it's self, not within the NVR.
Be sure that you are using Internet Explorer to do the camera settings.
Yes, it is still buggy.
What if you don't have Internet Explorer?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Applied it earlier today, thanks for the heads up. UI seems a bit more stable and responsive. Audio great. So far so good

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use edge with IE mode.
I can work with that, but what if you are running Linux? Are you just screwed? My current Dahua's started working much better after a firmware update years ago with Chrome/etc, but what are the limitations on non IE browsers for this camera?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
....what if you are running Linux? Are you just screwed?
You're partially screwed. I've successfully done some camera configuration with a linux browser. How much depends on the browser and the camera and its firmware. I haven't tried pale moon on linux. The windows pale moon operates the 4k-x pretty well, but with very slow response. If the linux pale moon needs a plugin that doesn't work, its usefulness would be very limited. Sorry I never tried it yet, haven't had the need so far.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also noticed an improvment in the audio quality, and can now see live views in the camera's UI using Firefox & Chrome.
As we used to say on the ship, 'belay my last'.
Audio has reverted back to it's metallic, over driven screeching. First test after update & reboot all good, checked later and back to crapola.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why there is such dependency on internet explorer considering it has been on the list to be completely dead for a few years already? Microsoft already ceased support for it for quite some time, the whole world has moved on to Chromium. It seems odd to me to have such nice hardware with firmware that relies on something that is completely discontinued. Edge based on chromium has been around for 4+ years now, chrome has been around forever.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This model is working bit good with chorme, and dahua also make the chorme as the main browser to support their device. For those models i am selling 99% are working well with chorme.