Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

moviefan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just what i need hopefully in my price budget looking forward to this as spiders around here love my bullets. My bullets need wiper blades from this time of year on and as they dont have to wipe them every second night. Turrets definitely not as bad.
Still hoping Andy will also get some more 7442's' in

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok everyone, as promised, here is the highly anticipated Night Video test of this new 4K-T Turret. A few notes:
  1. Remember this is still a pre-production unit, some issues still exist as I’ve spoken about before. All of these issues I’ve fed back to Dahua and they should be fixed before production lines start and final versions ship. I will be re-testing against a production unit once available. I share these remaining issues again at the end of this video

1. I dialed the 4K-T specifically in-camera to show what is possible and then took those same settings and used them on the 4K-X. This is why you will see a difference in the 4K-X image over previous videos. The 4K-X does NOT feature the Wildcat settings I showed before. The reason for taking this approach is to:
    1. ensure the 4K-T is specifically dialed in for the FOV its installed in and use its settings since its the primary camera we’re interested in for this review
    2. critically to show Dahua that 1 size of settings does NOT fit all in terms of 4K-T vs 4K-X. This is why my feedback to them has been to call out specific changes for the 4K-T only while calling out separate changes for the 4K-X
    3. ensure that when I compare camera to camera, that I am using identical settings for you
  2. The 08-18 beta FW I use on the Turret features resolutions for about 70% of the issues I previously shared in my original day test video. The turret settings I use here in this night test I am ensuring will be baked into the release version of the FW to be made available shortly after the camera starts to ship. Therefore all will benefit from the settings I’ve put in place, the recommended changes user facing and in underlying code. The only issues that remain are the HW related ones I mentioned before (pre-production unit) and recap at the end of this video. I’ve been assured these will be fixed for production models

3. Due to the implementation of my recommended changes in the 08-18 FW, I bump the bitrate to 15k on both cameras for this test (noted as always in the settings on the lower thirds in the video).

4. As always, YouTube re-compression (even though you meet their standards with codec, bitrate etc) always takes more away from the original image but not much I can do about that one :)

5. Oh, and its a long, detailed video ;)

Night Test Video - Will Also Upload To Starting Threads For Continued Reference

As always, I hope you enjoy watching the video and find it useful. This was a lot of work but hopefully this helps you see the performance of the camera at night under many different lighting conditions including on-camera only.

WC

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wooo, great video,thanks @Wildcat_1 costs lot of time on the video, and this model ready to sell now on amazon and aliexpress,World first release.
For the issues wildcat posted, will sort out at later firmware.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok everyone, as promised, here is the highly anticipated Night Video test of this new 4K-T Turret. A few notes:
  1. Remember this is still a pre-production unit, some issues still exist as I’ve spoken about before. All of these issues I’ve fed back to Dahua and they should be fixed before production lines start and final versions ship. I will be re-testing against a production unit once available. I share these remaining issues again at the end of this video

1. I dialed the 4K-T specifically in-camera to show what is possible and then took those same settings and used them on the 4K-X. This is why you will see a difference in the 4K-X image over previous videos. The 4K-X does NOT feature the Wildcat settings I showed before. The reason for taking this approach is to:
    1. ensure the 4K-T is specifically dialed in for the FOV its installed in and use its settings since its the primary camera we’re interested in for this review
    2. critically to show Dahua that 1 size of settings does NOT fit all in terms of 4K-T vs 4K-X. This is why my feedback to them has been to call out specific changes for the 4K-T only while calling out separate changes for the 4K-X
    3. ensure that when I compare camera to camera, that I am using identical settings for you
  2. The 08-18 beta FW I use on the Turret features resolutions for about 70% of the issues I previously shared in my original day test video. The turret settings I use here in this night test I am ensuring will be baked into the release version of the FW to be made available shortly after the camera starts to ship. Therefore all will benefit from the settings I’ve put in place, the recommended changes user facing and in underlying code. The only issues that remain are the HW related ones I mentioned before (pre-production unit) and recap at the end of this video. I’ve been assured these will be fixed for production models

3. Due to the implementation of my recommended changes in the 08-18 FW, I bump the bitrate to 15k on both cameras for this test (noted as always in the settings on the lower thirds in the video).

4. As always, YouTube re-compression (even though you meet their standards with codec, bitrate etc) always takes more away from the original image but not much I can do about that one :)

5. Oh, and its a long, detailed video ;)

As always, I hope you enjoy watching the video and find it useful. This was a lot of work but hopefully this helps you see the performance of the camera at night under many different lighting conditions including on-camera only.

WC
Saw an issue with the model number so am re-uploading. Will update the above thread with new link ASAP

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok lets try this again, new post to avoid confusion of above

As promised, here is the highly anticipated Night Video test of this new 4K-T Turret. A few notes:
  2. I dialed the 4K-T specifically in-camera to show what is possible and then took those same settings and used them on the 4K-X. This is why you will see a difference in the 4K-X image over previous videos. The 4K-X does NOT feature the Wildcat settings I showed before. The reason for taking this approach is to:
  3. The 08-18 beta FW I use on the Turret features resolutions for about 70% of the issues I previously shared in my original day test video. The turret settings I use here in this night test I am ensuring will be baked into the release version of the FW to be made available shortly after the camera starts to ship. Therefore all will benefit from the settings I’ve put in place, the recommended changes user facing and in underlying code. The only issues that remain are the HW related ones I mentioned before (pre-production unit) and recap at the end of this video. I’ve been assured these will be fixed for production models

4. Due to the implementation of my recommended changes in the 08-18 FW, I bump the bitrate to 15k on both cameras for this test (noted as always in the settings on the lower thirds in the video).

5. As always, YouTube re-compression (even though you meet their standards with codec, bitrate etc) always takes more away from the original image but not much I can do about that one :)

6. Oh, and its a long, detailed video ;)

WC

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Night video posted above HERE (reposting link as was asked by others if the link changed)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Once again you're expertise and professional production blows every other reviewer out of the water! If all reviews were done at this level it would take all, well almost all, of the guesswork out of selecting cameras.

Which, in your judgement, has the better color rendition at night? The 4K-X or the 4K-T?

As an aside and out of nothing more than curiosity, is that an air connection or hose connection on the side of the house?

Thanks again for a really great review!