Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What about close focus distance of the 3.6mm? Is it accurate to say it's at the stated specs of 16'?
Go back to page 41. There you find pics made with the 3.6 mm (X and T) at various distances. Decide yourself.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
This is my rear yard camera. It points back to the house as that's what's important not the garden. I have cropped the neighbour out even though I have privacy masking in place just to be 100% fair to them. The pic will be up for a few days and then taken down. However, it shows you how well it performs with just 5 watts of light. It's 21.16pm now and properly dark outside.

You could identify someone with this light although I do have a 30W security light on a sensor that will kick in with another 3,000 lumens should it be activated.

The camera settings are gain 50, 8ms shutter!!!

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What focal length is it? 2.8 or 3.6 mm?

How far away is it from the orange fence?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
@samplenhold with 8ms (1/250th) on gain below 50, it won't be blurry for someone walking. That said, walking it will trigger another 3,000 lumens of light so force a substancially faster shutter still. The adoption time for the extra light I'd say is less than 1 second.

@Perimeter it's a 3.6mm and 16-17 feet from someone standing in front of the middle corner of the right hand window, probably about 8 feet from the orange fence. It's mounted around 7 foot high which is higher han I would normally but the situation necessitates it - there's a climbing plant immediately below! The focus is definately around 16 feet.

The 3.6mm on these seems wide. I've cut another 1/3rd of the picture away to the left which I have to privacy mask because of the neighbours. The angle makes the view wider as well as the camera housing is mounted at 90 degrees to the house with the camera titled back at about 45 degrees or more.

Last edited:

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I decided to solve the focus distance problem by taking Andy's 5442TM-AS-LED-S2. So far, I don't regret it. Small and light. Tremendous improvement over 5442T-ZE in color mode without illuminator. Even if I quadruple shutter time, the T-ZE doesn't match the performance at wide angle. The difference is literally like day and night at the same shutter speed. OK, I only have 4MP, not 4k. But in turn I get things somewhat focused starting at 4 ft.
Maybe I find another location where the distance will have no relevance, so I can give the 4k a shot too.
I wonder if those two models use the same sensor. Their sensors both have the same size, but is it the same model?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I posted this over in the 180 thread, but since they are both newer cameras on the new Web GUI, it might be part of the issue for some people:

24 hours on a TP-Link POE+ injector and no problems (no NO SIGNAL in BI)

6 hours on BV Tech 4-port 65W POE+ switch with 2 other cameras - 22 No Signals

6 hours on YuanLey 11 port 120W POE+ switch with 6 other cameras - 24 No Signals

6 hours on Steameo 8 port 120W POE+ switch with 5 other cameras - 11 No Signals

The BV Tech, YuanLey, and Steameo are all budget POE+ switches that most will say stay away with, but if I didn't run it close to power budget and kept some open ports, they would actually do okay. But adding this camera caused issues, even if I took a camera off.

So the moral of the story is that while the budget POE switches may work for some cameras, I think some of these newer cams use more power/different power demands than some of the other cameras and as such the budget switches just have a difficult time even though according to the POE switch spec it could handle it.
Did you happen to test these to see if they would power up ok under load?
As in, leave your test cams plugged in, and then pull the wall power, wait one minute, then re-insert the power and see if cams boot back up correctly.
This is the downfall in a lot of these cheap POE switch's, the power supply's are weak.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you happen to test these to see if they would power up ok under load?
As in, leave your test cams plugged in, and then pull the wall power, wait one minute, then re-insert the power and see if cams boot back up correctly.
This is the downfall in a lot of these cheap POE switch's, the power supply's are weak.
The 180 and 4K/T were the last to load up under this test. They took a lot longer than if the POE was already on.

The 180 never powered up with the Steameo switch in this test.

As always, YMMV

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
DRUM ROLL.........

With help from above, I have figured out the APIs to change profiles for this camera!!!!!

Here is the API to go to Night profile :

Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=3&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0

Here is the API to go to Day profile :

Code:
http://USER:PW@IPADDRESS/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.SwitchMode=0&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0

This code will overwrite the schedules in the GUI - when you run the night API, it will change all the times and months to NIGHT and when you run the day profile, it will change all the schedules in the GUI to DAY.

So we cannot use the standalone sunrise/sunset utility, but fortunately @bp2008 provided updated instructions in that thread on how to make it happen in BI, we just need to change the API in his instructions to this one.

I'm been reading through this thread and I just wanted to confirm that those two commands will still flip the camera to day/night? If so, I'll plug them into Sunwait so I can flip the profiles. Camera should be in today.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm been reading through this thread and I just wanted to confirm that those two commands will still flip the camera to day/night? If so, I'll plug them into Sunwait so I can flip the profiles. Camera should be in today.
They are still working on mine!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont have it hooked up currently, dont really have a place for it but the mic was bad enough on mine that I turned it off. NR off, ACC, any of the choices, the background noise made it unusable, and Im on a very quiet street after 9pm

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont have it hooked up cutrrently, dont rerally have a place for it but the mic was bad enough on mine that I turned it off. NR off, ACC, any of the choices, the background noise made it unusable, and Im on a very quiet street after 9pm
Did you try turning down the Mic gain, on mine that can almost eliminate the background noise.
I turned it down by ear, I compared it to the sound level of a 5442 nearby, and dropped the gain to that level.
The gain is way too high at default.

This cam for me is still in the not ready for prime time classification.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try turning down the Mic gain, on mine that can almost eliminate the background noise.
I turned it down by ear, I compared it to the sound level of a 5442 nearby, and dropped the gain to that level.
The gain is way too high at default.

This cam for me is still in the not ready for prime time classification.
I did but maybe not far enough? I recall maybe setting it at 80%. Its very differen than the bullet version 4K-X which has a great mic