Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Last edited:

reaver

n3wb
Reaction score
Can the IPC-Color4K-T be used without the LED lights and just have the LEDs start flashing when it detects within a perimeter at night?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can the IPC-Color4K-T be used without the LED lights and just have the LEDs start flashing when it detects within a perimeter at night?
No - this is not an active deterrence camera - this camera is designed for video quality.

If it is dark and there is no light, then the camera is blind as it doesn't see infrared - if the camera can't see because the image is too dark then it can't trigger a light to come on.

See your other thread where I show what happens usually when a light comes on and blinds a camera temporarily.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I always set exposure and other image settings differently for night and advocate for the same. Make sure you using the Customized Scene option in Working Mode in the Camera / Image menu and then using the slider and selecting the Time Plan Settings (Day, Night, General etc of your choice) create the colored portions of the slider using your mouse. For example, day and night on the slider would ultimately appear as areas of orange and areas of purple. Make sure you copy that to the desired month(s) then click apply. Go to the profile at the top of that window, change to day or night or other (depending on which one you want to adjust settings for) and dial in accordingly. Then click apply again at the bottom. A good test (assuming night where you are now) is to do all of the above and manually choose Day from the Profile dropdown and click apply. If you've set your schedule up correctly then when you go click Refresh at the bottom of the screen you should see it switch back to night (or whatever Time Plan you setup for the corresponding time) switch over. Working on all of mine right now.

The new web GUI with multiple Time Plan settings actually becomes a lot more flexible since you can have many different setting changes through any given day then setup differently for different months too BUT is a different approach and not all will like it
Thanks for this tip. I had been struggling with getting this to work on a Color4K T 3.6mm. Here are a couple of pics showing the difference between aT5442TM AS LED and a Color 4K T 3.66mm. A truck driving by at night going around 25mph. These samples frame grabs have been resized down to 30% of the original quality.

IPC Color 4K T 3.6 mm r30.jpg
T5442TM-AS LED r30.jpg

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is the top image the 4K and the bottom the 5442? And is the 5442 the new S3 series?

Would assume that the wider view is the 4K and the 5442 is NOT an S3 series camera.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the top image the 4K and the bottom the 5442? And is the 5442 the new S3 series?

Would assume that the wider view is the 4K and the 5442 is NOT an S3 series camera.
When did the S3 series come out for the 5442? How much better is it than the original?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When did the S3 series come out for the 5442? How much better is it than the original?
It has been out a couple of months. It is much better than the original.

Cookie Monster

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can't find it in the stats for the camera, but does anyone know the power consumption in Watts for the LED lights at 100%? Are the lights powered over PoE or does it need a separate power supply?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That said, here's what my 5216-16P-4KS2E NVR shows. It varies as much as 1 watt on both.
#1 is the 4K bullet, #5 is the 4K Turret, both have the LED's lit up.
The Turret is at 100% and the bullet at 65%

NVRPoEPower.jpg

Last edited:

chap1982

n3wb
Reaction score
The new GUI uses different APIs

It's been almost a year and the sunset/sunrise tool still works on my 4K-T's. I'm not complaining but I haven't been figure out why it still works when everyone says it doesn't.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's been almost a year and the sunset/sunrise tool still works on my 4K-T's. I'm not complaining but I haven't been figure out why it still works when everyone says it doesn't.
It works for the turret version? It works for the bullet version for me but not the turret with the new GUI.

I guess you better not update the camera then LOL.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Somehow the IVS got messed up for my 4K-T a couple of days ago. It started when I logged on to the GUI to see if there was any way to easily increase the sensitivity for IVS but it was already set to 9. I use both intrusion box and tripwires. Yes, I only use Internet Explorer (the real deal) After that, I noticed that the thumbnails in Blue Iris Said "isMotion=true" and I started having some false triggers, i.e. cats/ fog etc. I then logged into the camera, checked that I had not enabled any form of smart motion detection but I had not. I deleted all my IVS rules and made them all from scratch and everything was fine for an hour or so. Then it went back to "isMotion=true"
Now it acts like the camera is detecting motion only?