Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

chap1982

n3wb
Reaction score
It works for the turret version? It works for the bullet version for me but not the turret with the new GUI.

I guess you better not update the camera then LOL.
Yes, the turrets. I have three of them with different firmware.
V3.120.0000000.21.R, Build Date: 2023-04-18
V3.120.0000000.12.R, Build Date: 2023-01-05
V3.120.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2023-02-27

I can manually flip them to sunrise or sunset using the buttons in the app or let it happen automatically.

I originally had them configured in Blue Iris when I started getting them because people said they don't work in the sunrise/sunset app anymore. But I eventually realized they flipped to night at the same time as my other cameras (they were meant to change at a different time for testing reasons). I disabled the calls in BI and they keep flipping on time as expected.

Amgclk65

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
I exported a few videos from my 3.6mm 4K-T camera and started to zoom in and see how clear faces/screen grabs are on it. Ive compared them to a few in the thread. It seems Like my videos are little too grainy/blurry. I have adjusted the exposure to higher setting at night to see if that helps. Trying 1/60-1/100. I haven't tried any other setting. I haven't measured the distance from the camera to sidewalk. I was thinking it may be too far. Any insights on the videos would be great. Also not too sure if I need to blur the people.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The picture on the 4kt doesn't zoom well. I have no other cameras to compare it to so can't comment if it's any better or worse than any other. Probably too much compression. You can go in by a couple of times but then it gets soft and grainy. Personally I think it might benefit from a lower compression ratio that it currently appears to have. but I'm not sure Dahua are interested. Probably because commerical users are more concerned with recording space than quality away from the camera as they simply have other cameras to pick up at longer distance away. At the end of the day, you're zooming into a smaller area of a picture and enlarging it so you will always lose definition. Not really what's intended.

As for blurry, your shutter speed is too slow. You ideally want 4ms but 6ms is acceptable. I know some say double that ie 12ms as a max. But when I tried 12ms it was blurry when walking close to the camera. So my goal is 4ms at night which from memory is around 1/240th. I currently run 6ms swhich I believe is 1/180th successfully on one camera which gets less ambient light. You won't have as bright a picture though and may need a little supplementary light depending on how bright you want it / the available light. I have sensor lights so once triggered I have plenty of light anyway once trips are crossed so get both bright picture and fast shutter. That said, you can't depend on the lights so need something that ideally works at lower levels as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Does anyone know a supplier who will ship one of these to Europe? There are a few, but they want €400!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody want to buy 2 4KT 2.8mm so I can buy the new version ? I'm located in Canada
Won't get many takers when you put it that way LOL. Unless you are offering them at a deep discount.

Reaction score
Is the sw "DH_IPC-HX5(7)XXX-Meta-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.140.0000000.2.R.231108" compatible to the non s2 version (1.st edition)?

frankheon

n3wb
Reaction score
Last November I ordered this camera from amazon and got a 09/2022 model. Now I just got delivered an other one I had ordered directly from empiretech website this time and it's dated 12/2022 so it's the same as the previous one and also came from amazon anyways. I'm guessing there's a few in inventory that needs to be pushed out before the new S2 version get delivered.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy, when will this S2 version of IPC-Color4K-T kobebeef mention above be ready for sale from your store? I'm sure lots of guys in the forum will like to get their hands on one to try out. Any approximate date for it?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello friends,
just got my first color4kT this week and I have few problems/questions.

1. The image quality
it is for some reason not as good as my two color4k-X cams. could it be different???
with a lot of playing around I finally got an image that I'm happy with but the bullets version (X) are better IMO.
2. IVS problems:
very odd.... at the begging, I couldn't get the IVS to work at all. I was setting 3 tripwires and none of them triggered alarm.
(all those tripwires are set to the same spot with different angle)
the 5442 T cam that used to be posted there hardly ever missed one of the two wires.
I was surprised that I saw in the NVR that the three tripwires were triggered yet I didn't get any alarm/capture/event on my NVR nor phone app
then, for a reason I can't explain, I started getting the same three red triggers as before but with a single capture on NVR and phone.
now, for the passed day I finally get two events each time I cross and honestly, I didn't change a thing. phenomena
*** still odd.... I can see the three tripwires are red triggered but I'd sometimes get single event and other times two events.
3. while the color4k-X cams always shows a nice thumbnail of their capture, this color4k-T always miss the moment.
therefor, I keep getting an empty preview image. I must admit the the 5442 cam that used to be there did the same thing....
I do need to add to that that the color4k-X cams do not show me as I cross the tripwire, they follow me and show me already 10-15 feet ahead.....
the 5442 and the color4k-T would capture a small part of me passing in the best case.
** if it means anything, the NVR screen is the one that gives me the funny empty thumbnail. And I do not have the option of "face enhancement" at the face detection tab of the NVR.
I think that the 5442 that did the same problem did have the option of face enhancement.

for all it matters, I'm using Dahua AI NVR with 5442 cams (bullets and turrets) and color4k-X cams and now the color4k-T
also, I changed to the latest FW from @EMPIRETECANDY that Andy published here (18092023) and I didn't bother testing the original ver.

If anyone have questions, explanations, solutions and so on, I'd love to hear.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello friends,
just got my first color4kT this week and I have few problems/questions.

1. The image quality
it is for some reason not as good as my two color4k-X cams. could it be different???
with a lot of playing around I finally got an image that I'm happy with but the bullets version (X) are better IMO.
2. IVS problems:
very odd.... at the begging, I couldn't get the IVS to work at all. I was setting 3 tripwires and none of them triggered alarm.
(all those tripwires are set to the same spot with different angle)
the 5442 T cam that used to be posted there hardly ever missed one of the two wires.
I was surprised that I saw in the NVR that the three tripwires were triggered yet I didn't get any alarm/capture/event on my NVR nor phone app
then, for a reason I can't explain, I started getting the same three red triggers as before but with a single capture on NVR and phone.
now, for the passed day I finally get two events each time I cross and honestly, I didn't change a thing. phenomena
*** still odd.... I can see the three tripwires are red triggered but I'd sometimes get single event and other times two events.
3. while the color4k-X cams always shows a nice thumbnail of their capture, this color4k-T always miss the moment.
therefor, I keep getting an empty preview image. I must admit the the 5442 cam that used to be there did the same thing....
I do need to add to that that the color4k-X cams do not show me as I cross the tripwire, they follow me and show me already 10-15 feet ahead.....
the 5442 and the color4k-T would capture a small part of me passing in the best case.
** if it means anything, the NVR screen is the one that gives me the funny empty thumbnail. And I do not have the option of "face enhancement" at the face detection tab of the NVR.
I think that the 5442 that did the same problem did have the option of face enhancement.

for all it matters, I'm using Dahua AI NVR with 5442 cams (bullets and turrets) and color4k-X cams and now the color4k-T
also, I changed to the latest FW from @EMPIRETECANDY that Andy published here (18092023) and I didn't bother testing the original ver.

If anyone have questions, explanations, solutions and so on, I'd love to hear.
Re: face enhancement

Configure through the camera's GUI. There are always more options than there are on the NVR.

Re: missing detection

Again, go to the camera's GUI and move the sensitivity up on Global IVS to 10. When set it at 10, the cam never misses a tripwire activation. If anything, I get some false positives on cats. And I prefer false positives over missing activations.

Check out the video Andy linked above. Cams should always be configured in their GUI.