Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, who's ready for not only a review BUT another World's First Review ?
You heard it here first, new camera in hands and almost ready to review. Thanks as always goes to Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) for providing this camera in exchange for a fair, honest, non biased, no holds barred review. I’ve already reported some initial feedback and FW requests for bugs/omissions and should have a new FW version this week from Dahua to start the testing.

Just over 1 year since I reviewed the original bullet cam version of this camera (3.6mm HERE), we now have the first 2.8mm Turret version here to test. This one is straight off the final pre-production lines at Dahua before release. Not even a spec sheet for this yet. I’ll be updating this post with more of the initial details when I have it and will be doing my usual rundown comparison this time against the Bullet Cam Variant in 2.8mm. Lets see how this 4K full color turret holds up to some of the great PQ and light handling we’ve seen of its bigger brother.

Equally exciting about this camera is that its the first non PTZ, non 7xxx series to feature the new Web GUI 5.0 with some very cool features. This Web GUI will become the standard for new Dahua cams this year and is great to see here.

To give everyone a quick glimpse, initial coming soon video below

More coming soon, stay tuned !

Post 2 - Pics & Videos, Post 3 - Special Features / Functions / Tips & Tricks, Post 4 - Bug List (new), Post 5 - Wrap Up

Link to Camera

UPDATE 8/2/22
- I now have some of the specs and a beta FW. Details below and a video coming soon I’ll show you the comparison in size of this turret and how its specs compare against the 549T1 / Color4K-X bullet cam version

Onto the specs

This is part of the Dahua Wizmind range and in this case not only gets IVS object filtering (Human and/or Vehicle) as well as Face Detection, People Counting, Smart Object Detection. Please note this camera also includes SMD.
The turret version also follows it’s brother bullet cam version in featuring a built in Microphone

Camera Details - 2.8mm Turret

Image Sensor - 1/1.2” 8MP​
Effective Pixels - 3840(H) x 2160(V), 8 Megapixels​
Electronic Shutter Speed - 1/3s~1/100,000s​
Minimum Illumination
Color: 0.0005 Lux @F1.0 (Remember this is full time color)​
Illuminator Distance - 60m (196.85 ft) IR​
Illuminators - 2 Warm LED’s​

Max Bitrate - ** Currently limited to 8192K in pre-release, have requested Dahua to implement options up to 20K to match the 5849T1 / Color4K-X bullet cam version​
Lens Information
Focal Length - 2.8mm​
Max. Aperture - F1.0​
Field of View
H: 102°​
V: 53°​
D: 125°​
Close Focus Distance - ** Specs say 13.8ft but in my testing this is closer to 18 - 20ft​
DORI Distance
Detect - 95.6m (313.65ft)​
Observe - 38.2m (125.33ft)​
Recognize - 19.1m (62.66ft)​
Identify - 9.6m (31.50ft)​
SD Card Storage - Supports up to 512 GB vs 256 GB on 5849T1 / Color4K-X​
Links To Andy's Amazon & Ali Express Pages Should You Wish To Purchase
Amazon
AliExpress

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Post #2 - Pics & Videos

Remember to Select 4K On YouTube

2.1 - Initial Coming Soon Video

2.2 Product Intro + Mounting Options Video

2.3 - Initial DayTime Preview Test - Showing Performance + Initial HW/FW Issues

2.4 - Follow Up Daytime Test With Improved 22-08-18 Firmware

2.5 - Night Time Test

Last edited:

cm.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need to buy cameras asap. Tossing up between the Hikvision 8MP Colorvu vs these. I already have one 5442- ZE so prefer to stick with Dahua if this won't take too long.

Is there an ETA for when they will be ready for sale? Are we expecting cheaper or more expensive than equivalent hikvision?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update from my side. I'm still waiting for the FW update from Dahua. Therefore to set expectations and while I wait to start the review, over the next few days and into next week I'll look to capture some product info video's + a rundown of the new menu options

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes this one uses the new Taurus chipset and has actually been quite snappy in my initial testing WRT menu / UI (since 5.0 is more GUI heavy). Quick update, I do have an interim FW today which I will be loading, ensuring stability then if that is good will start capturing the test footage. I also heard back from Dahua (thanks Andy for helping push this) that my feedback, requests, bugs I raised are also being addressed currently and I should have that FW for testing mid August so will keep all updated on that separately.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just added the current specs I've received in Post #1

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Initial DayTime Preview Test

All, per my last message, I’ve been waiting for an interim FW to start testing this camera. I did receive one and captures some footage. However as this is a pre-release camera with beta FW I noticed a number of issues currently impacting this unit. There are 7 (will add an 8th) issues I’ve experience so far with the camera and have reported all of these along with recommendations for fixes back to Dahua and Andy. I’m pleased to say I should a) have another beta FW to test soon and b) that Dahua have already responded that they are going through the list I’ve provided and looking for options to tweak HW and FW. I'll keep working with the Dahua dev team along with Andy (helping to push them) to get this camera to a great end result.

Rather than keep everyone waiting, I thought I would post the initial video test I did which shows initial footage + I document the current issues. Please remember this is a pre-release unit so although still a number of quirks to be ironed out, thought you would at least enjoy a preview from this initial test.

I will also be looking at uploading another video tomorrow or Thursday that is an intro / comparison video for specs / dimensions and mounting options for this unit so stay tuned for that.

Will let you all know when I get the next FW and will continue testing at that point. Video has been added here + above in Post #2 (Pics & Videos section) for continued reference

Remember to select full 4K when watching. Enjoy