Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For sure good to know about the AI in Amcrest vs. Dahua. My plan with the Hik would be to either leave the white LEDs on, or just leave them off. There's not a chance I would use the strobe. Leaving them on would be fine for the rear. I had a neighbor that had their camera set to turn on LEDs on motion and it was annoying and infuriating at night for the neighbors walking their dogs at night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For sure good to know about the AI in Amcrest vs. Dahua. My plan with the Hik would be to either leave the white LEDs on, or just leave them off. There's not a chance I would use the strobe. Leaving them on would be fine for the rear. I had a neighbor that had their camera set to turn on LEDs on motion and it was annoying and infuriating at night for the neighbors walking their dogs at night.
Then you should be fine. I would encourage you to look at the thread I linked in your other thread about the Hikvision full color version and look at the results there. A slightly different Hik model than the one you are looking at, but basically the same as well. As you look at those images, compare if you think you have equivalent light and how it would perform. As I have said, most say the 4K/X is better, but we do have some that say the Hik is better.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do know, that for the most part you have Hijacked this thread, and it's veering way off topic.
You are discussing thing's that have been already discussed ad nauseum elsewhere on this board.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY I'm pretty sure all Dahua cameras in the same classification would share the same human and vehicle detection code, as it would be too difficult to maintain different code for different cameras. It's also advertised as an important selling point for most camera systems these days. Nobody want's to have to look back on a crime and try to figure out who did and and what happened - better to catch the person live and possibly prevent a crime altogether.
I'd like to avoid having to purchase both the Dahua cam in this thread along with the competing Hikvision cameras to compare the human & vehicle detection, but it's looking like that's going to be the only way. I think it would also benefit a lot of users out there to have a comparison of the 2 company's latest technology.
You assuming that Andy doesn't know what he's talking about. You are completely wrong on that aspect.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, not sure it's a lot of help, but here ya go. At the moment, I only have Oct setup.

View attachment 142715
Back to our regularly scheduled program.

So as you can see in the above screen cap the times I have set for day to night profile change.
The night profile change in reality occurred at 1:00am, not the time I had it set for last night. :oops:

IAmWatchingYou!

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@looney2ns Can you please point me to the threads you mentioned that test and compare the AI performance between brands, and how this camera in this thread performs? That would be very much appreciated! I spent quite a while searching and came up empty handed. There are threads that say how AI detected something, but nothing about what it missed, which is what I have an issue with. I see a lot of people using surveillance cameras to look at and get the best pretty pictures of wildlife in their backyard, but for people that need these for security, this is important. I'm hopeful that Andy will come back and tell me that they Dahua hasn't stuck some sort of scaled down version of their AI detection in this camera, as this would be a deal breaker. I'm also hopeful he'll tell me that he's tested the AI detection in these cameras and it works great (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

Neverwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
So as you can see in the above screen cap the times I have set for day to night profile change.
The night profile change in reality occurred at 1:00am, not the time I had it set for last night. :oops:
I am still having similar problems with the time plan settings as well.
So, I set the camera to default settings (everything but password) by system>manager>default>”default” button a couple of times.
Then set all my camera settings from scratch again, but same problem exists.

That is, time plan settings seem to work on the preview screen in the time plan settings window.
However, the live view does not want to sync with the time plan settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns Can you please point me to the threads you mentioned that test and compare the AI performance between brands, and how this camera in this thread performs? That would be very much appreciated! I spent quite a while searching and came up empty handed. There are threads that say how AI detected something, but nothing about what it missed, which is what I have an issue with. I see a lot of people using surveillance cameras to look at and get the best pretty pictures of wildlife in their backyard, but for people that need these for security, this is important. I'm hopeful that Andy will come back and tell me that they Dahua hasn't stuck some sort of scaled down version of their AI detection in this camera, as this would be a deal breaker. I'm also hopeful he'll tell me that he's tested the AI detection in these cameras and it works great (fingers crossed).
The 4K/X represents their best AI and people have completely switched out their not even 1 year old 5442 series cameras for this. People that have spent way more than any of us would have on their system.

But as we continue to tell you, if you use a great camera in the wrong field of view and try to do too much with said field of view, you will be disappointed..

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 4K/X represents their best AI and people have completely switched out their not even 1 year old 5442 series cameras for this. People that have spent way more than any of us would have on their system.

But as we continue to tell you, if you use a great camera in the wrong field of view and try to do too much with said field of view, you will be disappointed..
Great replies Wittaj yet again. "I am watching you", probably via a Reolink sooner or later if good advice is likely to be ignored!
Some people you cannot help.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you guys with the schedule problem done another factory default reset recently? I'm assuming you're on the 09-26-22 firmware. I have schedule problems, too, and did another default to factory settings that seems to have cleared it so it might be worth the time to do that.

lbwtaylor

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy 2x 3.6mm of these turrets? I need something more close focusing and my return window at Amazon has passed before I got the chance to really test them.

Neverwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you guys with the schedule problem done another factory default reset recently? I'm assuming you're on the 09-26-22 firmware. I have schedule problems, too, and did another default to factory settings that seems to have cleared it so it might be worth the time to do that.
I just did the factory reset as per your suggestion.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed for me. Same issue with the schedule/time plan.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone want to buy 2x 3.6mm of these turrets? I need something more close focusing and my return window at Amazon has passed before I got the chance to really test them.
More closed focusing, then have to be 6mm, but only bullet one have, If the cameras are in new condition, i will help you to sell them easily.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ll record the video for menu walkthrough ASAP just working on the 4K-X & 4K-T’a revisit / comparison first. Confirmed again after downgrade and re-upgrade that i’m not seeing schedule issues and not see settings being lost or reverting so appears to be something weird going on for those experiencing this. Im going to play around with the code snippets I was looking at and will report back

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked @sebastiantombs ! As I said in my post the other day, more important than ever with these turrets as they are VERY sticky. So as I mentioned definitely recommend the steps I posted for others too