Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you hitting "Refresh" after you apply the settings?

I've got another problem with the profile setups on this camera. I decided to try the "Self-adaptive" profile and got that working OK both day and night. I originally disabled the LEDs completely, but then went back and added them with a manual setting of 3% for some extra foreground lighting. Works well, but (and there's always a but) the LEDs stay on 24/7. Apparently the camera has no idea what time it is or how fast the exposure may be since that would also indicate daytime and just leaves the LEDs on all the time. Yet another reason for a real day/night setting that can be toggled externally. Alternately they could trigger that based on shutter speed, say switching at 1/2000, or higher, between day and night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I've got another problem with the profile setups on this camera. I decided to try the "Self-adaptive" profile and got that working OK both day and night. I originally disabled the LEDs completely, but then went back and added them with a manual setting of 3% for some extra foreground lighting. Works well, but (and there's always a but) the LEDs stay on 24/7. Apparently the camera has no idea what time it is or how fast the exposure may be since that would also indicate daytime and just leaves the LEDs on all the time. Yet another reason for a real day/night setting that can be toggled externally. Alternately they could trigger that based on shutter speed, say switching at 1/2000, or higher, between day and night.
I noticed that too when I tried that setting. I figured the self-adaptive was some sort of attempt at better than default settings and was testing it to see and then saw the light on the next day.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

I've done it both ways, no joy.
Gizmo it is.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Found another little problem. I was in fooling with camera image and exposure settings. Got a really nice picture showing. Was hitting "Apply" and "refresh" with each change. Then, for some strange reason, I realized that my intrusion box was missing. Where'd that go? So I went into AI, IVS, and set up the intrusion box again. As soon as I hit "Apply" all my work on the settings and exposure immediately went right out the window and the thing set itself to all default in the night mode. Only took a few minutes to get it back, but still that should not happen at all. Let's see if IVS holds now, too. This is the third time I've set that up.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Found another little problem. I was in fooling with camera image and exposure settings. Got a really nice picture showing. Was hitting "Apply" and "refresh" with each change. The, for some strange reason, I realized that my intrusion box was missing. Where'd that go? So I went into AI, IVS, and set up the intrusion box again. As soon as I hit "Apply" all my work on the settings and exposure immediately went right out the window and the thing set itself to all default in the night mode. Only took a few minutes to get it back, but still that should not happen at all. Let's see if IVS holds now, too. This is the third time I've set that up.
That is strange and indicative of the ‘sticky’ FW application issues i mentioned early on. With that said I’ve tested all 3 cams here for the issues you and Looney mentioned and do not see those issues on any of these cams. I have a theory I’m working on RE: production cam FW build but I’m going to take a look at the code before I share anything conclusive.

@looney2ns for my reference, 1) are you seeing the sliders reset (when you mention exposure not holding) for example set to 60 but then see it back at 50 ? @looney2ns 2) yours was shipped with 9/26 vs @sebastiantombs yours being upgraded after the fact (what version did yours have on it 8/xx ?)?

@sebastiantombs are you testing yours isolated or re-attached to NVR platform (BI etc) ? @looney2ns yours is still isolated (not connected to BI yet ?

@looney2ns & @sebastiantombs, also believe both of your schedule issues were resolved after the multi default steps, correct and now still good ?

thanks

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange and indicative of the ‘sticky’ issues i mentioned early on. With that said I’ve tested all 3 cams here for the issues you and Looney mentioned and do not see those issues on any of these cams. I have a theory I’m working on RE: production cam FW build but I’m going to take a look at the code before I share anything conclusive.

@looney2ns for my reference, 1) are you seeing the sliders reset (when you mention exposure not holding) for example set to 60 but then see it back at 50 ? @looney2ns 2) yours was shipped with 9/26 vs @sebastiantombs yours being upgraded after the fact (what version did yours have on it 8/xx ?)?

@sebastiantombs are you testing yours isolated or re-attached to NVR platform (BI etc) ? @looney2ns yours is still isolated (not connected to BI yet ?

@looney2ns & @sebastiantombs, also believe both of your schedule issues were resolved after the multi default steps, correct and now still good ?

thanks
Yes sliders reset.

I updated firmware after I received the camera, it was August something date of the previous firmware that shipped.

Schedule didn't work again this evening. It didn't switch to the night mode. I can go to camera settings Look at the night settings, the profile says night,but the settings are very obviously not being applied to the live picture. The settings are applied on the image adjustment page in the preview on that page, but when I go to live it is still obviously setting on day settings.

Not connected to anything but a POE switch.

PXL_20221018_021118493.jpgPXL_20221018_021137447.jpg

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I upgraded with the full default sequence when I got the camera to version 2022-09-26 from the link that Andy posted. That was done prior to changing any settings although I did take a quick tour of the 5.0 GUI. I never made a note of what it came with and applied the 2022-09-26 version based on Andy's posts regarding it.

The camera is attached to my Blue Iris machine. To my knowledge the only interaction between them is the video feeds, main and sub streams, and ONVIF event notifications from the camera to Blue Iris.

The schedule has remained without changing since the last factory default several days ago. I will say that the entries for day and night were lost, apparently, when I did some experimentation with the "Self-adaptive" version. I discarded that when I found out the LEDs actually stayed on 24/7 in "Self-adaptive". I had to re-create the schedule again. Not a big deal, but it still shouldn't work like that. Then there's still the problem of dealing with varying sunset/sunrise times. It's not granular enough to allow daily or weekly time adjustments.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using Edge on Win10/Pro that hasn't been updated in a few years.
Still have access to IE ? If so try the same setting changes there too. For reference I’ve tested FireFox on a Mac & PC as well as IE on PC & Safari on Mac. Separately BTW, One of the bugs that I filed on 5.0 is about Firefox pushing for plug-in on Mac which shouldn’t be needed (just an aside but posting for reference).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks both so appears both of you @looney2ns & @sebastiantombs) upgraded on receipt, therefore issue of setting reset for @looney2ns first seen on 9/26. Which browsers are you both using to access the gui ?
I have used edge. I've used edge and IE mode. I have used chrome with IE tab installed and I've used IE by itself all have the same results.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried IE and it asks for a plug-in. Even though I authorize the install for the plug-in it won't install. I'll try Pale Moon 32 bit. It loads with no problem with Pale Moon but that kind of negates the whole 5.0 web GUI.

Well, I have to retract that. It was working until I saw the prompt while I was in settings that said it needed "webplugin". So I installed that and lost the ability to see the video. I restarted Pale Moon and it's working with video again.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried IE and it asks for a plug-in. Even though I authorize the install for the plug-in it won't install. I'll try Pale Moon 32 bit. It loads with no problem with Pale Moon but that kind of negates the whole 5.0 web GUI.
Yes the plug-in will be needed

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It just won't install. Since Pale Moon is working it's something unique to IE.

OK I got IE working by restarting it and installing the plug-ins, there were two.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

Well, I have to retract that. It was working until I saw the prompt while I was in settings that said it needed "webplugin". So I installed that and lost the ability to see the video. I restarted Pale Moon and it's working with video again.
Are you trying to install the plug-in while the browser is still open ? If so, kill the browser, locate the plug-in in your downloads area and try and install again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I experienced settings not holding when I set it up initially in Edge. I tried that since the review was it wasn't browser dependent.

I then factory reset it and used IE and it asked for the plug-in which I downloaded and mine appears to be holding settings, so I do wonder if it is still browser dependent?

I am on the 9/22 firmware BTW.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I experienced settings not holding when I set it up initially in Edge. I tried that since the review was it wasn't browser dependent.

I then factory reset it and used IE and it asked for the plug-in which I downloaded and mine appears to be holding settings, so I do wonder if it is still browser dependent?

I am on the 9/22 firmware BTW.
what kind of settings you lost on edge? I can do some testing on my camera, yes, same 0922.