Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. I read the last 20 pages and found a similar complaint. Then found in spec "Close Focus Distance - 3.6 mm: 6 m (19.7 ft)". That explains my blurred results for 15-20 ft. On the other hand, there are much better results in the post #758632 (7, 13ft for 3.6mm).

Unfortunately, this is not my level yet :)

Thank you for providing more examples. Yes, I agree that it looks better. I'll experiment with the settings. Then I'll either return (amazon) or contact @EMPIRETECANDY.
Check with Andy on FW. I think there are a couple of versions.

noice

n3wb
Reaction score

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison pictures. I also have the 3.6mm Turret version and from 0-10 feet or so video is also blurred. 10+ feet is probably minimum distance
I have a 2.8mm bullet and use it as an overview cam. Best usage for this cam, IMO. It has a VERY small range where things are 100% in focus but even at 20m to 25m I'm getting excellent clothing details when it has enough light.

noice

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a 2.8mm bullet and use it as an overview cam. Best usage for this cam, IMO. It has a VERY small range where things are 100% in focus but even at 20m to 25m I'm getting excellent clothing details when it has enough light.
I think you are correct that is best meant for an overview camera for a very specific mount height and focus range. This is not meant for an object approaching the camera type of environment (my own personal situation). I also bought the IPC-T5442T-ZE and will likely have to switch out even though picture is not nearly as good.

Another user wildcat quoted:
"First let me clear up the Close Focus Distance (CFD) piece. The original, pre-production unit had a CFD closer to approx 18ft to 20ft however as I've mentioned many times and in the video, since receiving the production units that CFD has been adjusted closer to approx 16ft for 3.6mm and 8ft for the 2.8mm. The 2.8mm was adjusted closer for production due to the feedback and recommendations I made to Dahua engineering that a) 18ft CFD on a 2.8mm is WAY too far and b) that I wanted it adjusted as close as possible to 6ft (knowing it would never hit anything under that). Dahua engineering re-worked the units and were able to sufficiently get to 8ft CFD on 2.8mm which as I've mentioned, absolutely is not approx 5ft of the 5442 BUT still acceptable for a 2.8mm and WAY WAY better than 18+ft for this focal length. Now onto the 'what should you expect focus wise' piece for CFD, similar to what you said, Yes, at a high level anything closer than 8ft would be expected to be out of focus. However with installation height, angle and distance to target all being factors, this can improve the ability for the camera to work closer due to distance to target being taken up by those variables I just mentioned. However in a straight line head on to target your CFD would be expected be the 8Ft for the 2.8mm Turret & 16ft for the 3.6mm turret."

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you are correct that is best meant for an overview camera for a very specific mount height and focus range. This is not meant for an object approaching the camera type of environment (my own personal situation). I also bought the IPC-T5442T-ZE and will likely have to switch out even though picture is not nearly as good.

Another user wildcat quoted:
"First let me clear up the Close Focus Distance (CFD) piece. The original, pre-production unit had a CFD closer to approx 18ft to 20ft however as I've mentioned many times and in the video, since receiving the production units that CFD has been adjusted closer to approx 16ft for 3.6mm and 8ft for the 2.8mm. The 2.8mm was adjusted closer for production due to the feedback and recommendations I made to Dahua engineering that a) 18ft CFD on a 2.8mm is WAY too far and b) that I wanted it adjusted as close as possible to 6ft (knowing it would never hit anything under that). Dahua engineering re-worked the units and were able to sufficiently get to 8ft CFD on 2.8mm which as I've mentioned, absolutely is not approx 5ft of the 5442 BUT still acceptable for a 2.8mm and WAY WAY better than 18+ft for this focal length. Now onto the 'what should you expect focus wise' piece for CFD, similar to what you said, Yes, at a high level anything closer than 8ft would be expected to be out of focus. However with installation height, angle and distance to target all being factors, this can improve the ability for the camera to work closer due to distance to target being taken up by those variables I just mentioned. However in a straight line head on to target your CFD would be expected be the 8Ft for the 2.8mm Turret & 16ft for the 3.6mm turret."
To say Wildcat knows his stuff would be an understatement! lol

Due to necessity (property issues, etc) my Color4K/X is mounted 7m off the ground and about 6m back from the street. But with the 2.8mm focal length, it's has amazing coverage. Covers about all any camera could from it's location.

I post videos of old car going by here. These vids are off the camera in question.

Arn0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,
I received the IPC-Color4K-T and was wondering :
  • if mobile notifications are supposed to work ? I've added the camera using the QR Code + serial number but on DMSS, the camera is considered as "Added locally" (on Hikvision, "added locally" was mentionned when added using local IP, and it prevents to get notifications, took me some days to get it...). Followed "EmpireTech Phone APP DMSS Setting Guide" Youtube video steps.
  • Do you recommend to flash IPC-Color4K-T with a Dahua firmware? (current system version V3.120.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2023-02-27 )

Thanks for any advice,
A.

Last edited:

garmcqui

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my IPC-Color4k-T set up and working well. Night images are amazing! Still working on getting the best image, however I do have a query about the audio. I can't seem to get it anything near right. Audio format is currently at AAC 16k sampling rate, although I've tried most formats and rates. System Version is latest, 3.120.0000000.21.R

ddvsv.png

Here's a couple of examples:
View attachment Front. 05-09-2023 - 14.40.00_1.mp4
View attachment Front. 05-09-2023 - 14.50.00_1.mp4

Whereas here are the same two alerts on my other Dahua cam:
View attachment Cars. 05-09-2023 - 14.40.00_1.mp4
View attachment Cars. 05-09-2023 - 14.50.00_1.mp4

Quite a difference. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
G

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my IPC-Color4k-T set up and working well. Night images are amazing! Still working on getting the best image, however I do have a query about the audio. I can't seem to get it anything near right. Audio format is currently at AAC 16k sampling rate, although I've tried most formats and rates. System Version is latest, 3.120.0000000.21.R

View attachment 171613

Here's a couple of examples:
View attachment 171596
View attachment 171597

Whereas here are the same two alerts on my other Dahua cam:
View attachment 171598
View attachment 171599

Quite a difference. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
G
The audio on this cam sucks in comparison to the 5442.
Be sure you have the noise reduction turned off.
And turn the mic volume down to the 50 to 75% range. That will help somewhat.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to say Hikvision cameras audio are better than Dahua cameras from my own experience and watching other people's videos overall. I love the Dahua camera video quality, but even my old Hikvision mini ptz audio beats all my Dahua or rebranded Amcrest cameras audio with clarity.

AzN_NiNjA01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read thru this thread and you will see that these cameras on the 1/1.2" sensor have a much smaller focus range (surveillance cameras are not infinity focus and the larger sensors tend to be more pronounced).

As such many are using them for overview or have a field of view that the distance they want clear focus is what the camera is set for, or they open up the camera and adjust the focus to their field of view.
Should I get 5442 instead of the IPC-Color4K-T for more details if I want to be aiming this at the parking lot infront of my store?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the distance from the camera mount location to the area you want best detail?

And can you supply a night image from that location via phone pic? We need to know how much ambient light is there

AzN_NiNjA01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in a shopping plaza so I want two cameras to be aimed at the whole parking lot but the distance are 15' to 70' of what I'm wanting in focus

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At 70 feet you will not get IDENTIFY with either camera.

And at 70 feet out, whether it is the 4K/T or the 5442, the focus will essentially be the same as it is simply too far away.

You may get some OBSERVE and RECOGNIZE at that distance.

If it is an overview and you have light, I would probably lean towards the 4K/T

If you want IDENTIFY beyond 15-20 feet, you need to get a varifocal with a focal length for that distance.