Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Enabling decoder compatibility model in BI seems to have solved the no signal issue for me, as well. But now I've ran into a new issue that I was not expecting. Within Blue Iris, the Dahua (EmpireTech) 180 turret is now lagging 1 minute behind my other cameras, and is reporting 13.85 fps. I have the camera set to 25 fps and 12288 kbps (to give it a little headroom). Logging in through the web configurator shows the camera functioning at full frame rate.

BI seems to be really struggling with it right now. It's clearly a Blue Iris issue, not a camera issue. What would be the best way to resolve this issue going forward?
Send an email to BI explaining the issue and let Ken remote in so he can see what is going on.

Profits1

n3wb
Reaction score
It appears that one of the recent Blue Iris updates may have fixed the issue I was experiencing with the machine becoming unstable with the Dahua 180 camera after 48 hours.

I applied the recent updates, and haven't had the issue since. Machine has been running for several days and is still in-sync with the other cameras, and reporting 25 fps.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Didn't know that hard working dude would use one of the progress pics......! Wasn't out of there yet. Better.

216_W_Manlius042.JPG 216_W_Manlius051.JPG

I have some video from the EI NVR of them actually working, in the real world. I'll put together a little "commercial" for the T-180.

Vali Ene

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, few weeks ago I bought this camera and I have mixed feelings: I love the night image but hate it for distorting the image - image H/V ratio is way off. Any recommendation for "half" if this camera? 4Mpx, with similar night image quality but without distorting the image, I'm fine with lower viewing angle, it can be Hik or Dahua. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, few weeks ago I bought this camera and I have mixed feelings: I love the night image but hate it for distorting the image - image H/V ratio is way off. Any recommendation for "half" if this camera? 4Mpx, with similar night image quality but without distorting the image, I'm fine with lower viewing angle, it can be Hik or Dahua. Thanks
That is just the nature of optics and panoramic type views.

Have you tried changing the resolution of the camera as that has an impact as well.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Setting the resolution for 4096x1216 works really well for me. Also, I leave WDR "off." Having it turned "on" shows the center where the view of the two lenses meet.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The 1/2 camera is Dahua 4kt or 4kx. Speak to Andy about one if that's your intention.

Vali Ene

n3wb
Reaction score
@CCTVCam can you recommend any similar and cheaper 4Mpx version of 4K-T/X ? When I said half PFW5849-A180-E2 I was thinking also to half the price :))

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No. Here you're paying for a bigger sensor. If you want to see at night pretty much you're going to be using IR and B&W unless it's the 4k series (with some light - even the 4k series can't see in total darkness or very very low light).

The nearest alternative is the 5442 series but they don't see as well at night, albeit they're the best of the others. I don't have both so can't comment directly but some on here have both cameras. Please note here there are a lot of models in the 5442 series, some use ir, some have improved sensors that are aimed at seeing colour at night. My understanding from others on here is non see as well as the 4k series without additional light.