Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tested the cable you're using for this camera?

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tested the cable you're using for this camera?
Tested how? From what I've read, cheap testers are just that, cheap and do nothing but continuity.
It's new cable out of the box. I did install the ends. Yes I could have a bad end install, always possible. Why would I have lights on cam if bad cable?

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why would I have lights on cam if bad cable?
Because power and data use different pairs.
you can have a POE device power on but not send data.
Or send data but not power on (requires external power).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Over the last few months I have had to do factory reset on several of my cameras (which i purchased from Andy). Not really sure, but only a small issue in my books. Most of my issues were surrounding shutter speed selection being applied and very slow connection to the cam gui's, the factory reset cleared them up, but to note I had to reconfig them manually because the config import had cause the same issues to happen a short time later.
I mention here frequently that many people see wonky things until a factory reset, especially the new GUI and BI for some reason.

As a matter of standard practice now, every new camera gets 3 factory resets before I set it up.

Maybe just luck or coincidence, but it does seem like a factory reset when one first gets the camera is a good way to start off without issues.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK understood -- It did work for 7 or 8 hours today while I was at work. Is that typical of a wire issue, to go bad slowly?

I can always pull the cam down again tomorrow and set it up on my test tombstone. Maybe I should change the other connector too -- On the switch end. I have no real way of testing them other than plugging in another camera.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I mention here frequently that many people see wonky things until a factory reset, especially the new GUI and BI for some reason.

As a matter of standard practice now, every new camera gets 3 factory resets before I set it up.

Maybe just luck or coincidence, but it does seem like a factory reset when one first gets the camera is a good way to start off without issues.
No BI yet, just camera GUI -- I'm thinking a factory reset can't hurt -- tomorrow.

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So this is starting to point more towards a camera issue...
What I've done:
New RJ45 ends, both sides cam and switch.
Factory hard reset 3 times. Still can't connect, illumination lights on camera are on. No green light on port on switch.
Switch ports on switch to a know good port. Remove a cam from switch to use it's port. 5 cameras on an 8 port switch.
Can finally get into camera
Initialize cam no issues
Format SD card.
Program time settings - I use day, night, and General for those changing dusk and dawn hours.
Start setting exposure and playing with display settings for day, night and general. All is good at 1st, camera responding fast, hitting apply and getting a fast "operation successful".
Then it gets slow, and I get operation failed. Cam still responds but very slow. Then it goes dark and I lose connection. This is about the same point in programming that I lost the connection previously.
Illumination lights stay on on camera. Green light on switch port is now dark.

Got me thinking power issue so I pull this wire from the 8 port switch and hook up a 4 port switch along with the 8. Plug only the 180 cam into the 4 port switch along with line in.
No change. Cannot access cam.

What is going on? I'll hard reset again but I'm not hopeful. Firmware upgrade? I won't be able to tell what firmware I'm on till I hard reset to get cam back.

Any thoughts?

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Last year, my friend bought two EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T180 cameras from Endy and a few days ago we noticed that the LED lights on them did not light up.

Now I'm interested in whether it is included somewhere in the settings, and specifically that it does so by setting it so that when the camera detects some movement (human or vehicle) so that only then does the camera only turn on the LED lights?

Where to set it and how to turn on the LED lights on the camera on motion...?

Thank you!

1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
Last year, my friend bought two EmpireTech IPC-Color4K-T180 cameras from Endy and a few days ago we noticed that the LED lights on them did not light up.

Now I'm interested in whether it is included somewhere in the settings, and specifically that it does so by setting it so that when the camera detects some movement (human or vehicle) so that only then does the camera only turn on the LED lights?

Where to set it and how to turn on the LED lights on the camera on motion...?

Thank you!

View attachment 196260View attachment 196261
They are under the illuminator settings.

This camera focuses on image quality, so the white light is not motion activated. It is either on or off. Otherwise the image would be too dark and wouldn't be able to detect motion.

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK understood -- It did work for 7 or 8 hours today while I was at work. Is that typical of a wire issue, to go bad slowly?

I can always pull the cam down again tomorrow and set it up on my test tombstone. Maybe I should change the other connector too -- On the switch end. I have no real way of testing them other than plugging in another camera.
I use one of these quite regularly and it hasn't let me down yet for testing my ethernet cables.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.