Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
For your testing video @Wildcat_1, Just like the tests optometrists do for your 'close focus distance'.
Hold a bit of text at the centre and walk towards the camera. See how close you can get before the text splits.
Yes I plan on doing this once I get the fixes for the 12 bugs I've raised with Dahua. This will also include the bitrate unlock which I am asking they do on all cameras outside of China (8192k lock usually for the Chinese market) as well. I'm also going to build a product intro video + a E-PTZ video for all of you as well.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This is overwhelming, does it appear as one IP address or two like the B00B cam?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because Dahua is using two separate cameras there is no way to eliminate the parallax error between the two stiched images. Hold your finger up at arms length and move your head side-to-side a small amount. Your finger shifts relative to the background. By having two separate camera Dahua is effectively moving side-to-side.

When professional photographers want to create panoramas, they mount their camera on a special mount that lets them do all the camera rotations about the rear nodal point. This eliminates the parallax error and the image can be stitched seamlessly.

----
Dean
The optical lenses would have to be a custom cut as a match set with would drive the cost of it after a set of $300 lenses.

Pan panoramic method is the best method for photography. Another way was filming with a convex lense then project it on a concave screen. Which was the first generation IMAX format was produced. But the drawbacks of that was the vertical objects like telephone poles have a bend to them.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 Is this cam still in a holding pattern?
Yes from a perspective of about 15 bugs I've found, filed and looked to solve for. However, I am editing a quick product intro for this one + an E-PTZ overview too. Dahua are working the bugs as a matter of priority so thats good but I didn't want to have to re-shoot the entire captures when the bug resolutions I've posted get backed into firmware. IF this is going to take too much longer then I may just shoot the review anyway and note the bugs here.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Understandable, I've ordered a couple so was anxiously waiting to see a bit more hopefully, but I get what you're saying. It takes a lot of time and effort to put out the quality reviews you do.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Understandable, I've ordered a couple so was anxiously waiting to see a bit more hopefully, but I get what you're saying. It takes a lot of time and effort to put out the quality reviews you do.
Be sure to stay tuned for the E-PTZ overview I'm working on as that will show some of the additional power and options afforded by the camera over and above regular performance etc.

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
May I ask when will this camera comes out? What's the release date?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As promised, here are the video's. I will post a separate post for each here then also add to the Video's section on Page 1 for easy tracking.

First up, super quick Product Intro - still processing into 4K but should be available soon

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a daylight test, night time test etc?

Sorry if this is on the way and I'm getting ahead of myself.

Thanks