Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

johnlux

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, got 2 of these cameras. One is working well, but the other doesn`t match the 2 sides properly, see attached pictures, do you know how to fix it?
Also do you usually keep the illuminator on at night?

Attachments

Reaction score
Maybe adjust the stitching distance by logging onto the camera directly, go into settings. That should fix that.
What I have found is the human detection does not work unless illuminator is on (or other light) at at least 5-10% minimum. Also, the detection only works when something is right in the middle of the camera, intrusion and tripwires be damned. They really need to fix that detection, it is awful/useless almost.

Reaction score
Thanks, is there a specific setting? I cannot find it :)
Screen shot attached. At the top right is the GEAR settings icon, clikc that then "Camera". Then on the left menu select Splicing. Hope this helps. It does adjust how the splicing occurs.
BTW I am far from an expert!, just sharing what I have seen so far.

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, Some reviews I've read over the years have 3,4,5 version of a same/similar product lumped into 1 review... sometimes several years old as well.
It appears he's reviewing a an LED light purchase, and he he can't type worth a fuck. Or he's a dumbass. or Both.

Reaction score
Any one know this 1 star review mean? o_O
By the way, all camera box right now have our contact email for support and warranty.

View attachment 169441
So I went ahead and took the REPORT option on the 1 Star review. Let's see how Amazon responds. Will update with response. Anyone else report it?

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This page seems to have the most recent software under the download->firmware area. There are other Dahua product pages but they had old firmware. This was the only one with the most recent. This is what my cameras came with when they arrived 12 days ago or so. _V3.120.0000000.21.R.230418

Another tip is I could only get all the camera web page views to work in a browser, with cam video visible, in Windows 11 to work if I used Microsoft Edge but turned on 'Internet Explorer' mode. Chrome, Firefox, Opera all don't work for me in Windows 11, cam video is not visible. MS Edge also does not work unless you do the following for IE Mode.
Go to Microsft Edge, click the '...' elipse top right, Settings->Default Browser> Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode (IE mode) set to Allow.
Then on a web page, click the '...' elipse top right and select 'Reload in internet explorer mode'. Then the camera pages all showed the actual video
The current latest firmware is
DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.30.R.230609
But not yet available on the official website

lauka

n3wb
Reaction score
Do we know if Dahua is still working on additional resolution options to get more natural non-squished picture?

I'm considering to buy this camera to be used in Frigate. It might be possible to stretch the image using the ffmpeg options, but I would prefer not to do that.

Edit: I take the lack of responses means no, so I ordered the Hikvision 180 camera instead.

Last edited:

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing one of these to either replace a 5842, which would cover my entire side plus part of back yard, or to replace a SD1A404XB-GNR and a Color4k-T, which would cover my front porch/door and part of the side yard.
If used in the front, I would use the Color4k-T to cover the front yard better, which also includes coming up the sidewalk onto my front porch.

The 5842 runs in color 24/7, and would also show me a little blind spot for the side/back yard. Hmmmm

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, am I correct in that the picture on a Dahua NVR will show in 1 frame, or will it be in 2 frames?