Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also just a quick PSA. If anyone is buying cams and other equipment from a business like @EMPIRETECANDY that takes PayPal and you have a Discover card then they have PayPal as a 5% category this quarter so chance for a little more saving too.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone still used PayPal? I ditched mine like a hot potato after 20yrs use after they increased charges and introduced a non activity penalty fee.

Nice saving if you do though.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah I can see it makes sense without an account. They were onto a good thing with the account but then they raised charges, at least on ebay purchases) and put in place a £9 penalty fee if you didn't use your account for 12 months.

The latter was enough to make me quit as although I've used mine a lot, I can go for periods with no activity that might approach a year.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
To reiterate what I said before, 6/24 is the latest FW BUT I find 6/11 to be better therefore asked Dahua to build the fixes and image adjustments from the 6/11 base NOT 6/24. So when you get your shiny new cams make sure you use 6/11. In speaking with Dahua, the next FW should be out by end of August with the adjustments I put forward and recommended along with hopefully more of the bug fixes I listed.

Will let you know when I see the test version.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
To reiterate what I said before, 6/24 is the latest FW BUT I find 6/11 to be better therefore asked Dahua to build the fixes and image adjustments from the 6/11 base NOT 6/24. So when you get your shiny new cams make sure you use 6/11. In speaking with Dahua, the next FW should be out by end of August with the adjustments I put forward and recommended along with hopefully more of the bug fixes I listed.

Will let you know when I see the test version.
Will do. Good chance I will get mine today. :p

Update: Camera arrived today at 10:15AM local time. Andy was indeed correct on when the camera would arrive. Now to get it mounted. ;)

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, the first picture has been taken. This camera guards the West side of my house. I will have to take a picture tonight to see how that turns out. Edit: There was no problem at all in setting this camera up. I have the lights turned off to see how that works out during the night hours. If need be I can turn them on a little at a time.

Camera 2B Dahua 8K.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the same area taken from a 5442Z-E varifocal camera in June. Notice that things appear a little brighter in the above photo. Now this is one of the last cameras that I had to run in B/W as the area was too dark for that camera at night.
Camera 2 Dahua Daytime Test.jpg

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
WOW - I am like a kid in a candy store playing with this new camera LOL, so I do not have any pics yet for comparison purposes, but I have been setting it up around different cameras to compare and what a difference.

We need a varifocal of this bad boy!

This one has a sensitivity feature for the IVS rule. I have always had good success with the previous IVS rules on my cameras, so it will be interesting to see how this impacts triggers.

Indoors it is amazing how little light is needed from the LED of the camera to provide a usable image. Way less light than my other full-color type camera. The auto LED to get a usable image at a 4ms shutter was way dimmer than a nightlight. But on the flip side, when I went to manual and blasted the LED at full brightness, it wasn't as bright as I thought it would be. It will be interesting to see how that translates outside.

Most of the other cameras I would test inside would kick into IR around 1/100 shutter. This camera doesn't have IR, but it took 1/2000 shutter before the LED kicked on and I do not think looking at the image that it actually needed it yet. I seem to think my other full-color was around 1/250 before the LED came on.

The digital zoom is really good on this. Obviously an optical zoom would be better, but we will be able to get by with some digital zoom on this.

It still needs the plug-in and then when I go to another camera, I need to reinstall that camera plug-in. Then go back to this one and have to reinstall the plug-in. A little bit of an annoyance, but just FYI for some of you.

Time for more playing!

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with you on the varifocal, and that will be my next camera purchase. By the way this is my 7th 4K camera. Ok, I just took a night picture. This is just as the camera came out of the box. I have some adjustments to make such as shutter speed and some other items. I forgot about my neighbors porch light. :p Camera 2B Dahua 4K Night.jpg Anyways it did not do the previous camera much good. This will be better, I can see that already.

Camera 2B Dahua 4K Night.jpg

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with you on the varifocal, and that will be my next camera purchase. By the way this is my 7th 4K camera. Ok, I just took a night picture. This is just as the camera came out of the box. I have some adjustments to make such as shutter speed and some other items. I forgot about my neighbors porch light. :p View attachment 97444 Anyways it did not do the previous camera much good. This will be better, I can see that already.

View attachment 97444
I thought you might like this one @Parley ;)