Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron, please share some idea for this camera.
Right now still not get a good housing to put all function on this smaller size camera, one way can do , less functions, but that will effect the total performance.
Then if it takes a slightly larger camera so be it. We need a varifocal with the 1/1.2" sensor or larger.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Right now still not get a good housing to put all function on this smaller size camera, one way can do , less functions, but that will effect the total performance.
Couldn't Dahua simply make a larger version of an existing Turret housing?

Alterntaively, they could resort to a PTZ housing but without the motors included. However, I think most would prefer a traditional turret.

It's got to be economically viable because if larger sensors are the future, which we all know they are, then the need for a turret to accomodate 1/1.2 or larger sensors is going to be the future and will sell well beyond it's design costs (although if simply a scaled version of an existing turret, the costs should be mostly tooling). Personally, I think a wise manufacturer might make a housing capable of hosting a camera based on the next sensor size up so the housing will accomodate not only 1/1.2" but also the next generation of cameras, thuis gauarnateeing a long design life on the housing. Dahaua could even go all the way and design for 35mm although the danger here would be they might not want a hosuing alot larger than the competition which might be the result if they designed for 35mm and Hik designed for say 1".

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think the sensor size is the big hurdle regarding housing size. I suspect that there are ore electronics involved as well which mean more space is needed internally. If you've ever had a camera apart you can see the sensor/lens assembly it is actually pretty small, even in a 5442.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
assembly it is actually pretty small, even in a 5442.
you have to open a 5442 varifocal turret...

they had to put the POE stepdown converter between the lens and sensor-board ... they had also to do some "mod" to cool everything..
not sure who is assembling but the ones who assemble the normal 5442 must have a better job ;)

maybe the new lens is bigger... who knows...
they should remove the sd-card slot, then it would fit better ;)

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
you have to open a 5442 varifocal turret...

they had to put the POE stepdown converter between the lens and sensor-board ... they had also to do some "mod" to cool everything..
not sure who is assembling but the ones who assemble the normal 5442 must have a better job ;)

maybe the new lens is bigger... who knows...
they should remove the sd-card slot, then it would fit better ;)
Those workers just 18-25 young girls and boys, lol

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Somehow, I don't think the sensor size is the big hurdle regarding housing size. I suspect that there are ore electronics involved as well which mean more space is needed internally. If you've ever had a camera apart you can see the sensor/lens assembly it is actually pretty small, even in a 5442.
I suspect it's the optics. Bigger sensors requires bigger optics which in turn require a bigger housing. When you look at lenses, the step up in size can be considerable with a larger sensor size. Add in varifocal ie a zoom element so you have lens groupings and the space requirement is likely to increase.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So here's two clips with the 6/11 FW

An improvement I think. Still lots to do to get it dialed in.
This is running 1/120 and with the LED's on 75/50 near/far. 30FPS at 10240 bitrate
View attachment 98181
It's beautiful..... I want to get one too. I meant the picture quality... just to clear any misunderstanding. :p

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, I didn't spend too long time with the two cams. left them with my sister to deal with and config the two of them.
So far when the two cams are mounted next to each other we can see a clear winner day and night.
The 5442 turret has three advantages: the turret shape, the build-in sound and the varifocal lens but the 5849 is a clear winner.
* the 5849 has probably got a better sound but I never prepare more than ethernet cable so just like my bullet 5442, the superior sound is left unused.
** the sound of the 5442 turret is not supposed to be more than a gimmick but somehow it's working damn good. I can hear from the cams way better then I do when I'm standing out.

The garden night lights distorted the image of the 5849 more than the 5442 but I guess it's more about using the right settings and I can only guess it was fixed by now.
The 5849 without the build in light gives a better night image than the 5442 with it's IR light. very impressive.
We were waiting for a varifocal turret model for the next cams but I guess there is no point holding my breath for that.
Someone here was calling the 5442 "the new king of the hill" last year. Well, I guess we now have a new king. Too bad it's not on MY own hill.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did anyone check the performance of the IVS:
We didn't check that yet but I can tell you that with the 5442, the new FW that fix the SMD, the IVS performs very poor.
Both the May and Jun FW of the 5442 have lots of false positives as well as false negatives in IVS.
The thing is, with 5442 I could do downgrade to the FW and with the 5849, if it's not working too good, there is now 2020 FW to go back to.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am running the version that the camera came with: V2.840.15OG000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-09 and IVS works fine for me.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes 6/11 is the best of all worlds for now as I mentioned. I’ve asked Dahua to ensure that future builds are built off the 6/11 base and that my tweaks bug fixes are applied to that due to 7/9 having some other issue and the very aggressive AGC / Auto Iris that I mentioned.