Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think there is any difference in the new firmware.
Comparing carefully, the new firmware solves the problem of too bright lights causing too much exposure.
Which is it? Is there a difference in the firmware, or does it solve the problem of too bright lights causing too much exposure?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
By setting the LEDs to “auto” is it supposed to dim or brighten them based on ambient light? Is it supposed to adjust as light conditions change? If so, mine doesnt seem to do that using the June FW….

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Beta firmware is ready to test now, welcome to ask me for it if you are interested.
IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.840.15OG002.0.R.210908
Would it not be better to pop it into dropbox or alike and link here which saves all the members keep asking you for it Andy?

Olabo

n3wb
Reaction score
I used it one day and i like the night shots a lot. i was wondering is there a way to use the illumination so they come on when a tripwire is triggered or similar i have not fully understood what auto does?
i have a decent picture and dont want to bother neighbors with bright lights constantly on i tried it and they are bright enough for people walking past to wonder. but if someone is close to my cars i wouldnt mind if the light go on full blast or to a limit set for a minute or so for even better shots. and it could be a deterrent also.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used it one day and i like the night shots a lot. i was wondering is there a way to use the illumination so they come on when a tripwire is triggered or similar i have not fully understood what auto does?
i have a decent picture and dont want to bother neighbors with bright lights constantly on i tried it and they are bright enough for people walking past to wonder. but if someone is close to my cars i wouldnt mind if the light go on full blast or to a limit set for a minute or so for even better shots. and it could be a deterrent also.
Not currently an option.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
only on (some) hikvision colorvu gen2 with newest firmware possible

if you are using blueiris you might be able add an motion trigger action and turn it on with api

i think they dont add it because its somehow useless. if you are near complete darkness it should be impossible for software to detect motion... also maybe some problems with exposure settings..

near trustful solution in my opinion to add a pir sensor to the alarm input and link it somehow. but then you can also add a simple motion floodlight

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Not available yet but I did flag this as part of my wrap and feedback to Dahua too

Olabo

n3wb
Reaction score
only on (some) hikvision colorvu gen2 with newest firmware possible

if you are using blueiris you might be able add an motion trigger action and turn it on with api

i think they dont add it because its somehow useless. if you are near complete darkness it should be impossible for software to detect motion... also maybe some problems with exposure settings..

near trustful solution in my opinion to add a pir sensor to the alarm input and link it somehow. but then you can also add a simple motion floodlight
i do have a decent stream, my house lights and landscape are good enough to do nice color images. but i noticed when i was walking around the cars it wasn't crisp where i was. think some more light would make it better. i tried to change the shutter and have pretty fast to get better car shots and it doesnt darken it too much, was just thinking the light would make the shutter go faster and crisp it up., i will try some more i have only had it up one night so it might look better with the latest shutter change.
and yes i use blueiris, the api might work also like how one can set the focus or zoom same way send commands but it is a bit over my knowledge i just started on blueiris a few weeks ago, and just started looking at the focus settings at night.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Olabo thanks for your reporting. I will talk with dahua engineer for the ability to have the lights come on when alarm is tripped like tripwire.
You may try our new firmware later when we finish some further testing.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Olabo thanks for your reporting. I will talk with dahua engineer for the ability to have the lights come on when alarm is tripped like tripwire.
You may try our new firmware later when we finish some further testing.
As discussed @EMPIRETECANDY this should be inline with what I fed back to Dahua as part of the original wrap up so should be relatively easy to implement BUT would want the option to control separately. Thanks !

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought I would post a quick video update as I test the new beta FW and since I was able to pickup a 2.8mm thought I would show that as well.

After testing, personally overall I prefer the 2.8mm for its versatility and for the edge it brings to image quality with this lens. Specifically the slightly shorter focal length allows for a slightly wider angle of view which benefits this camera with a touch more detail retained foreground to background. While again the focal length difference is small here I do feel it makes a positive difference and is a good pairing for this series.

I also wanted to point out that while AA filter (Anti Aliasing, in this case employed similarly to Optical Low Pass Filters on pro cams) from a HW perspective is likely unchanged here, SW based AA (layered as part of the algorithm) looks to have been refined slightly in this latest FW (09/08) as well and that’s a good thing as it doesn’t leave backgrounds as soft as they were in previous FW. Generally AA is employed to smooth the image out and assist with issues seen in over processing and interference, something that needs controlling on color at night cams across the board as processing is pushed to the limit. Therefore even though some limitations will always remain based on HW pairings of sensor/lens along with algorithms within the SOC, its nice to see some improvements in it through code adjustments from the feedback at least.

Testing against the bugs I filed now.

Video Link - Remember To Watch On YouTube & Select 4K

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think HIKVISION Color-VU is more like a lens with F1.2, while Dahua is a real F1.0 lens.
Large aperture performs better in dark places, but the depth of field effect will be more obvious.
If Dahua HFW5849T1 can use NOVATEK NT98529 processor.
Picture quality performance will be better.

Last edited:

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I must have missed something in here guys:
I would expect a short time for the camera to adjust itself to the sudden change of lights during which, you'd get a bad image.
Isn't it the case?
That's one change I don't want to take place just when a visitor passes.
Detect a person > open the strong LEDs > bad image when the camera readjust to the light > the person is already gone. isn't it the case?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how am I suppose to use the RCA mic?
I never used them because I never had audio cables prepared.
When I had turret cams with build-in sound, there was no problem to hear the different cams and to record the sound.
If you do have few cams with RCA connection, how do you use the mic? are you supposed to connect the RCA from a single chosen cam to the NVR or computer? would the NVR record the sound? for all channels?
There must be something simple that I'm missing here. The models with the BNC sound are supposed to be more professional.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The bullet cameras, generally, don't have a built in microphone. The RCA connector is an audio input, not an audio output, and requires an external microphone.

Micro Seven Microphone

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.