Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After comparing all the audio encoding again, G.711A does sound a little better than ACC and the other encoding mode, but still have the same noise filter affect like under water sound when people are talking.

It's a little imperfection but not a big deal, as the most important reason for me to buy Color 4k-X was the night image quality which meets more than my expectation.:)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
After comparing all the audio encoding again, G.711A does sound a little better than ACC and the other encoding mode, but still have the same noise filter affect like under water sound when people are talking.

It's a little imperfection but not a big deal, as the most important reason for me to buy Color 4k-X was the night image quality which meets more than my expectation.:)
Surprised you are seeing audio issues. I run AAC 16k on multiple units and output is very usable. Just make sure noise filter is off and set volumes to about 90% max and generally you should have good results. Obviously sometimes this can depend on install location such as reverb / echo based on camera location vs audio source but that is in extreme cases and generally not an issue for most.

Only other thing that often pops up is if a cam has a lot of wind hitting the mic based on angle of install and exposure etc but that can be compensated for.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I was going to say maybe check the hole where the mic is. There may be a small piece of foam or plastic stuck in there. I don't have this camera model so I can't tell you where to look for the mic.
Yes also spray air can also help if something like debris has gotten in the way during manufacture and don’t want to fully dismantle cam.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm set at slightly different settings, which seems quite a good match for my Synology NAS.

• Noise filter enabled
  • ACC
  • Volume ~46%

I can pick up conversations happening 250' away fairly clearly if they aren't using hushed tones. The only reason I'm down to sub 50% volume is so the break through wind noise isn't too bad. In the spring I'll likely look for one of those furry mic covers and experiment with taping that over the cameras mic opening to see if that helps, and will allow me to bump the mic volume.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm set at slightly different settings, which seems quite a good match for my Synology NAS.

• Noise filter enabled
  • ACC
  • Volume ~46%

I can pick up conversations happening 250' away fairly clearly if they aren't using hushed tones.
Yes I always bounce between 80-90% depending on install location vs audio source distance etc but generally always disable the filter

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it possible the Noise filter option got stuck on Enable even if you choose Disable? I'm switching Noise Filter from Disable to Enable and the sound pretty much the same. I usually Disable Noise Filter on all my cameras because filter make the sound unnatural to me.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it possible the Noise filter option got stuck on Enable even if you choose Disable? I'm switching Noise Filter from Disable to Enable and the sound pretty much the same. I usually Disable Noise Filter on all my cameras because filter make the sound unnatural to me.
if its sound like inside a can, than its enabled

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I fired up my new 4k-x today, and when I'm logged into it it keeps wanting to write to the C; drive, specifically:
C:\users\<user acct name>\WebDownload\LiveSnapshot\<very long directory name>\

I've shut off recording and snapshots everywhere I could find in the setup, and it keeps trying to write to the disk. Is there some secret to shutting this off?

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if its sound like inside a can, than its enabled
It sounded more like extra bass or extra heavy and dull compared to the 2 other cameras audio which is sharper(the old Amcrest T2499EW and Hikivision mini ptz)in front of the house. Like I said before, it's not so bad that is unusable, just doesn't seem natural like the Noise filter was on. The first thing I check and make sure the camera's Noise filter was disable before I post here.

Again, the audio quality it's not a big deal to me as compared to the image quality of the camera which I'm very happy with. That's why I don't want to screw up the camera and reset it. I'm just curious if other people who had the same camera also sounded the same or just me. By the way, I'm using IPC-Color4K-X 20210908 FW if it makes any differences.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I fired up my new 4k-x today, and when I'm logged into it it keeps wanting to write to the C; drive, specifically:
C:\users\<user acct name>\WebDownload\LiveSnapshot\<very long directory name>\

I've shut off recording and snapshots everywhere I could find in the setup, and it keeps trying to write to the disk. Is there some secret to shutting this off?
Maybe go to Storage-Destination-Path and uncheck Local Record and Snapshot to see if it stop?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The LiveSnapshot folder on your harddrive is the place for the button "snapshot" on live view. so it should only store something there if you click on it.
This makes sense. The only reason I'm aware of this is that I have the WebDownload directory write protected and the camera's web interface is giving me a "disk full" message every few minutes. Maybe it randomly writes snapshots and nobody has noticed yet, or maybe it periodically does a test write to see if the disk is full. In either case, not a big problem for me because I don't use the camera's web interface very often. I was just wondering if I was making a mistake with some settings. The 4k-x does have the most complex UI of any of my cameras. The UI is also more responsive than any of my other cameras, and I'm impressed how good the image is with moonlight as the only illumination.

To answer the question of why I have the WebDownload director write protected, it because of a smartPSS bug that kept writing things there and filling up the disk.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the behaviour of your edge recording set to (your SD card onboard the camera). Is it set to just "overwrite" the old data or does the camera think it should then write to an external disk?

I'm not sure if this would affect things as you're seeing; just something to check.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 15.26.36.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the behaviour of your edge recording set to.............
That's a good thinking-out-of-the box theory. If it was a SD card full situation, either a bug or well-meaning feature could cause the camera to overflow to the disk. I have no SD card in there right now, which could be handles the same as the card being full. I've learned enough from these posts to conclude that I'm seeing a bug or ill-conceived feature that isn't going to hurt me and don't feel the need to spend more time on it now. If in the future somebody asks why the camera is filling up their disk, this could all be useful information.

(Interestingly, while I was typing this smartPSS crashed. It does that once a week or so.)

tapatio

n3wb
Reaction score
Can the lights on the IPC-Color4K-X be tied to motion detection? I'd like for them to blink upon motion detection. My need could also be resolved via blinking on alarm. Thanks.