Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok everyone, as promised, night video is now live. Chapters have been added for easy viewing. Lot of work but hope this helps as a follow up to the original review, a check in on 6mm vs 2.8 and provides tips and insights on how to dial in to achieve the best out of this camera. Enjoy and remember to like and subscribe if you find the content useful.

Thanks, WC

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As usual @Wildcat_1 - incredible video!

I love the 6mm - it looks clearer and more defined, but I tend to like to make objects as large as possible.

But more importantly, it shows how important and critical dialing cameras in to the field of view play.

This side-by-side says it all. The image on the right looks cleaner and more in focus and this is a fixed focus camera, and just changing gamma and exposure compensation made it appear more in focus.

1657689575085.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As usual @Wildcat_1 - incredible video!

I love the 6mm - it looks clearer and more defined, but I tend to like to make objects as large as possible.

But more importantly, it shows how important and critical dialing cameras in to the field of view play.

This side-by-side says it all. The image on the right looks cleaner and more in focus and this is a fixed focus camera, and just changing gamma and exposure compensation made it appear more in focus.

View attachment 133385
Thanks for the kind words @wittaj much appreciated. Yes, the Full Color 4K-X's do like to take over even in manual mode which is why the adjustments I shows in Gamma + Exp. Comp. are critical in overriding that. Again will depend on lighting on FOV etc but it does make a difference. Then as I mention, once you've removed Gain (from the camera trying to control ;)), noise and color shift using the tips, definitely adjust picture settings (contrast, sat etc) to end up with a clean and defined imaged. Should lead to better overall end caps every time. It also hopefully shows how you can take a seemingly washed out image from a low light deployment using only on-board lights (or string lights ;)) and make it more usable. Dialing in is an art in each deployment but get it right and you then get to reap the benefits of usable video. Never go AUTO (know you know and appreciate this sentiment) ;) Thanks again for the kind comments

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@CCTVCam Yes, i told them when i visited them for product plan, they will review it.
The turret 2.8mm is on the way to @Wildcat_1 , will be world 1st again. ;)
Will put this up against the 2.8 bullet cam so all can see how the turret performs. Nice to see this coming to Turret form too

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If they can keep the image quality as good, day and night, then the turret could be real game changer. Bullets are OK but suffer one major deployment issue - unless housed in a security housing they can easily be swivelled / knocked around to face the wrong direction. Not an issue you have with turrets.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Vari-focal would be ideal. Will 3.6 or 6mm be coming soon?
will have 2.8mm and 3.6mm lens, but 6mm will wait later, the camera housing will be a little different than the normal turret 5442. We'd like to invite @Wildcat_1 to make some checking on the 1st sample in the world. ;) Sample is on the way.
1658282455258.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
will have 2.8mm and 3.6mm lens, but 6mm will wait later, the camera housing will be a little different than the normal turret 5442. We'd like to invite @Wildcat_1 to make some checking on the 1st sample in the world. ;) Sample is on the way.
View attachment 133991
Ready to test when it arrives. Will be good to see how this one performs.

Reaction score
Mmmmm 6mm turret...maybe I will wait for that one. Would replace one or both of my driveway cams. Got quite a bit of light out there. The 5442 works quite well, but one can always do better.

My dam HOA has passed new rules on security cams. I am currently grandfathered in as it all happened after mine were installed. But new locations would need 'approval'. Replacing those driveway turrets with bullets will not fly in the new rules. But replacing the turrets with other turrets will be OK.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mmmmm 6mm turret...maybe I will wait for that one. Would replace one or both of my driveway cams. Got quite a bit of light out there. The 5442 works quite well, but one can always do better.

My dam HOA has passed new rules on security cams. I am currently grandfathered in as it all happened after mine were installed. But new locations would need 'approval'. Replacing those driveway turrets with bullets will not fly in the new rules. But replacing the turrets with other turrets will be OK.
Wow, first I have heard of an HOA having a say with security CAMs. I will definitely vote that down if they try that where I live. Wonder what the deal is? Aesthetics?

Reaction score
Wow, first I have heard of an HOA having a say with security CAMs. I will definitely vote that down if they try that where I live. Wonder what the deal is? Aesthetics?
The board instituted changes to the covenants. They now have security camera deed restriction rules. Unfortunately, this subdivision covenants allows the board to make changes without homeowner input or even notification. Now it requires that you fill out a form, give a description and sketch of the placement. Plus $35 fee. There are certain rules, like the cam cannot protrude past the edge of the soffit. All cams must be on the house. So my LPR box in the garden would not be allowed.