Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I must have missed something in here guys:
I would expect a short time for the camera to adjust itself to the sudden change of lights during which, you'd get a bad image.
Isn't it the case?
That's one change I don't want to take place just when a visitor passes.
Detect a person > open the strong LEDs > bad image when the camera readjust to the light > the person is already gone. isn't it the case?
This is more an issue when someone uses default/auto settings like shutter AND is more an issue when a camera is going from infrared to color.

I have a floodlight that is on dim at night but with motion it goes on full power. With cameras off auto/default settings and dialed in to your situation, you do not get the blinding.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The bullet cameras, generally, don't have a built in microphone. The RCA connector is an audio input, not an audio output, and requires an external microphone.
Thanks Sebastian,
Your explanation does make total sense
But now I'm even more confused after I saw that wildcat was writing in the fist page of the thread: " Built In Microphone, Built In Speaker " where is was compating to the HIK can that have only Built In Microphone

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Sebastian,
Your explanation does make total sense
But now I'm even more confused after I saw that wildcat was writing in the fist page of the thread: " Built In Microphone, Built In Speaker " where is was compating to the HIK can that have only Built In Microphone
Each cam model is different, and they each have different features.
Look at the Dahua International Website or the Hikivision International site to compare features. Of different models.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Each cam model is different, and they each have different features.
Look at the Dahua International Website or the Hikivision International site to compare features. Of different models.
But we are talking about the
DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED
not a general model and I was referring to the first page if THAT thread.
could be that wildcat was making a mistake but otherwise, I don't get it

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
But we are talking about the
DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED
not a general model and I was referring to the first page if THAT thread.
could be that wildcat was making a mistake but otherwise, I don't get it
What is the question?

The camera here has built-in mic and audio in.. you should be able choose the channel which you want to use.
Also according to spec sheet the camera has built-in speaker and audio out..

there are two RCA ports, one white, one yellow

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the question?

The camera here has built-in mic and audio in.. you should be able choose the channel which you want to use.
Also according to spec sheet the camera has built-in speaker and audio out..

there are two RCA ports, one white, one yellow
Thanks. Clear now. The RCA is only an alternative to the build in mic and speaker.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the new 5849 bullet performs against the 5242 bullet for low light night B/W moving images. One should be here from Andy on Monday. The 5242 outperforms the 2831 by a large margin at night. Now to have the 5849 with a zoom lens say 3 to 18 mm or so made available. That would be a nice addition to the line IMO.

The shipping route is most interesting. Ordered on Tuesday evening and the camera arrived in Anchorage on Thursday evening. Then it went on vacation to Memphis, TN for some sun and surf! It is now back in Anchorage on Sunday for a Monday delivery by FedEx. It is 5000 miles to Anchorage from Hong Kong plus another 6000 miles round trip to Memphis.

+

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks. Clear now. The RCA is only an alternative to the build in mic and speaker.
Exactly, the on=board cam and mic can be used without issue on this model DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED which is @EMPIRETECANDY model IPC-COLOR4K-X. Hope that helps clear up your question but let me know with any others.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Add Day/Night Auto Back to 5849 Camera

HFW-5849-day-night-settings.jpg

HFW-2831-day-night-settings.jpg

Installed a 5849 and noticed that there is no setting for auto day/night like in the 2831 or 5242 bullet line. It is either full day or full night with no auto switchable
setting based on available light.

One can setup a schedule but with time changing in Anchorage at 40 minutes per week it makes changing the day/night schedule an unwanted task. Also do not desire to keep the desktop computer on 24/7 just to make time changes. Perhaps Dahua could add back this feature that is present in their other camera lines.

Would like to see the day/night auto be placed into a new firmware update so that different camera settings can be used for these two time periods.

Jim
Anchorage, Alaska

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 101663

View attachment 101664

Installed a 5849 and noticed that there is no setting for auto day/night like in the 2831 or 5242 bullet line. It is either full day or full night with no auto switchable

One can setup a schedule but with time changing in Anchorage at 40 minutes per week it makes changing the day/night schedule an unwanted task. Also do not desire to keep the desktop computer on 24/7 just to make time changes. Perhaps Dahua could add back this feature that is present in their other camera lines.

Would like to see the day/night auto be placed into a new firmware update so that different camera settings can be used for these two time periods.

Jim
Anchorage, Alaska
I reported that as well Jim as an extra feature request along with a few other items mentioned in the thread. To be clear though, with this being a full time color (color at night) cam + no IR, only onboard light I believe Dahua feel that this config would always be used in color, profile management would be used if you want different 'color' settings between day/night (again using profile). You can of course place this into BW if you wish BUT the benefit won't be there.

HTH

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
All, I finished my testing of this 09/08 FW and wanted to give you all an update on my findings.

Overall, this FW definitely improves on the camera responsiveness (doesn’t feel as sluggish as 7/09 & 6/11 in menu or under strain) + the adjustments to AA that I mentioned earlier are a BIG benefit to PQ here. However, there are still some critical issues so I thought it would be easier to revise the original bug list (9 items) + the extra 3 I raised to Andy after continuing my original test. This way I can easily show whats fixed vs outstanding.

Bug List Filed With Dahua - Updated for 09-08 FW
1. SD Cards Could Not Be Read + FIXED
2. IVS Rules Would Not Capture / Trigger Video = FIXED
3. IVS Rules Would Not Allow Appears & Cross To Be Selected = FIXED
4. Object Monitoring Rule - FEATURE WILL NOT BE ADDED BACK UNTIL LATER - TO BE FAIR THIS IS A BONUS SO NOT A BIG ISSUE IN MY OPINION
1. Object Placement Would Only Trigger Recording On Boxes Consistently, Not Other Items​
2. Object Removal Would Not Detect An Object Being Removed From The Scene​
5. Camera Would Not Adjust Correctly For Contrasting Scene/FOV Where Shadow Area + Well Lit Existed In Same FOV - Affects Day & Night Scenes (ref. WDR in day video) = Partial fix in shipping FW but next fixes expect in ‘Wildcat tweaked’ version = FIXED
6. Illuminators on Auto Would Only Come On When Target Was Within 2-3ft of Camera = FIXED
7. Illuminators Turn On & Off Briefly When Set To Manual And Target Is Close To Camera = FIXED
8. Custom Video Bitrate Does Not Survive A Reboot = FIXED
9. WebPlugin Used on Color4K-X Impacts Older 4K Plugins Causing Blank Screens in IE and Re-Download Prompts. Impacts 1831/2831/5831 models = STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED - EXPECTED IN WEB 5.0 FUTURE RELEASE
10. Exposure settings (primarily when using variable rate) would revert on logout on 7/09 FW = FIXED
11. Frame rate anomalies (31 frames seen in 30fps caps etc) on SD card + NVR recordings = STILL PRESENT, NEEDS TO BE FIXED
12. Auto Gain Circuit (AGC) & Auto Iris too aggressive = STILL PRESENT, NEEDS TO BE FIXED

I mentioned # 11 before and what I saw when I analyzed numerous captures. Some people had asked about this and even Dahua wanted further information showing this was actually a thing. and whether this could be possible. I can assure you that it is and actually in testing night time on the 2.8 for 09/08 saw it in action again. I’ve created 2 clips (in the video below) to show what happens here. 1 clip is where there is an extra 2 frames added (32fps when set to 30fps) and then a 2nd clip that shows frames missing, 27 fps (still when set to 30 fps). I’m only seeing this on the 4K-X cams and it is definitely on cam as it affects both local storage capture (SD card) + stream to NVR. I've tested this many different ways across various pieces of kit both with isolated NW configs (monitoring traffic etc at the same time), multiple SD cards and while the issue is random in nature, its definitely still there. This doesn't mean every second will have this OR that every cap will see an issue BUT it is still present (has been and I've confirmed on 6/11, 7/09 and 09/8)and needs a fix. I've communicated this latest update and video back to Dahua engineering for further analysis and made @EMPIRETECANDY aware too, thanks Andy !

As mentioned, I’ve captured 2 x 1 second clips to show this in action. I know some may say I take this job too seriously BUT in doing it this long, I like to think I’m detail oriented :). I've reduced the speed and overlaid a frame counter for you to assist. This issue either points to performance related on cam (i.e. gets to a bottleneck) OR encoding algorithm. As I see potential ‘blips’ on both in code, will need Dahua to run to ground as I’ve highlighted with them.

Video Link Uploaded in 4K so be sure to watch in YouTube

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I reported that as well Jim as an extra feature request along with a few other items mentioned in the thread.

HTH
Appreciate the update and that Dahua is aware of the request. It would be nice to have that color/black and white choice made by the end user in place of the manufacture IMO. Hopefully this can be added for a future software update.

Jim

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Let us know if you think this latest software revision is worth an update. Looks like it is to me.
@Parley yes worth an update just be aware of the frame rate piece and the slightly more twitch, aggressive AGC. Definitely a lot of final fixes here too so thats good. A few more tweaks and I think this will be perfect. Any issues just DM me

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 101663

View attachment 101664

Jim
Anchorage, Alaska
Already asked dahua to add this back on the next fw, no problem.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Illuminator - Firm Ware Update Suggestions - HFW-5849 Bullet

The auto illuminator should have the same settings as manual. i.e. near light and far light with no need for the "brightness up" setting. The light turns on/off automatically around sunrise/sunset in auto mode. The way it is now, one can not adjust the light for near/far only the overall intensity when in auto illuminator mode. Add NearLight and FarLight settings for auto mode and remove the "brightness up" setting

In my test for "manual" the light does not turn off in daytime. i.e. on all the time. Good for full time dark locations.

Illuminator - Night - Auto (Does not totally turn off)
Slider full left to zero - four lights not off - on dim
Should this not turn the lights totally off?

Illuminator - Night - Manual (Works Correctly)
NearLight - Slider full left to zero - 2 lights totally off
Farlight - Slider full left to zero - other 2 lights totally off

Jim

misio9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some help with my cameras I got two 3.6mm and both are out of focus within approximately 8 ft from the camera. Can the lens be adjusted in these cameras? and if so how? Thank you!