Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

Reaction score
My current firmware for my new Color4K-X-2.8MM is 2021-09-08. Do I need to update?

Attachments

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good day all.

Have recently purchased this camera from Andy and have been trying to set it up to use the ivs from the camera but have had no luck. Gone through a few threads and can't seem to figure out the issue. The one that I think might be the issue is when I try and add &proto=Onvif to the end of /cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64} it says can't connect. When I try and use the same settings as wittaj it says it can't connect aslo. Not sure what I'm missing?

Attachments

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I also was unsure of my camera settings so I installed a memory card and it records the ivs triggers and I can view them in playback.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes deleting the camera and re-adding does the trick.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera actually gave the username password port error on a setting that had been previously working and I ended up deleting it and starting over. I had tried adding it a second time with various settings also. Do all the settings look ok? look correct?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you get the bad response in the find/inspect so fast, that is usually a bad username or password.

What I suspect happened is you changed the admin password on the camera more than once and that is where it struggles.

What people don't realize is that there are two places for user and password - one under account and then you see a tab for ONVIF user - the same user/pw needs to be in both. Sometimes the camera gets confused when passwords are changed.

So you would have to go to the ONVIF user and delete the admin and re-add with the new password.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried it with and without the find/inspect and when using it the camera always came up as Generic.

Haven't changed the password at all since setting it and connecting to Blue Iris.

Only set up one password, was never asked for or to setup a ONVIF password. Is that on the camera? I will look for it.

I will look on the camera setting for the ONVIF user and password because I did change the password once after setting the camera up originally.

Thanks for your suggestions wittaj, sorry for the delay was having dinner.

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good call on the ONVIF user wittaj found it on the second tab under account on the camera and changed it. Can now connect with the RSTP/ONVIF dahua camera and was able to add the &proto=Onvif to the end and have the camera connect. But still doesn't seem to trigger in BI.

Attachments

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Changed one other setting in trigger and unticked the trigger until reset. Seems to be working now. Thank you wittaj. The ONVIF user was the biggest issue that was causing the problems. Not sure if the trigger until reset had and effect but will start tweaking the rest of the trigger settings and others.

Thank you again for your help wittaj!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thread and forum have been invaluable in getting me up and running with my system. One thing I just can't work out is how to get the video tampering and scene change alerts (both enabled through the web interface see image) to show up in blue iris. I have set up and receive email alerts when tampering occurs, but this is not particularly useful as these don't interface with Blue Iris and getting them back into the system feels like lots of unnecessary failure. Onvif is set up and working so I receive motion and IVS alerts from the camera in BI. Any ideas how I could trigger BI when tampering or scene change is detected on the camera? Thanks for everyone's time and help. video_Tamper.PNG points of

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe you need to use the BI watchdog options for those types of things. I do not think these pull over from the camera to BI?

Reaction score
I believe you need to use the BI watchdog options for those types of things. I do not think these pull over from the camera to BI?
Thanks for the suggestion but I don't see tamper or scene change in the watchdog. The no signal works perfectly for when the camera is unplugged but the monochrome option doesn't seem to do much. Any other suggestions?watchdog.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us find here that loss of signal is sufficient enough. The monocrome will work if they cover over the camera and the image turns black.

I am guessing you could clone a camera in BI and get creative with the motion alerts to figure out how to create an alert if the camera is like slid away, but that is why we say to always have a camera covered by another camera so that you would catch that act and be alerted to the camera moving.

Or just the fact that BI would send you an alert image that clearly shows the camera in motion or pointing in a different direction would be sufficient as well for most of us.