Worlds First Review - Dahua - IPC-Color4K-X / DH-IPC-HFW5849T1-ASE-LED - Full Color 4K Camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see that you can trigger an alarm/siren on this camera through the web interface. Is there a way to do that with blue Iris or smart PSS?
It is quirky thru SmartPSS the last time I tried, but maybe they have updated it since I last tried.

In BI, you cannot trigger the alarm in BI as a button, but you can create an alarm profile that you switch to and have it play the alarm via API or sending a recordng to it from BI when that profile is initiated. It isn't perfect, but it works LOL. But you need to set it up to do two-way talk.

One area BI struggles with is two-way audio. It will be more like a walkie-talkie and depending on your system, could be a several second lag and could experience some cut-out.

Here is what it needs to be set to in BI to give it its best chance of working:

1655257504016.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Do you know of a way to do 2 way communication through blue Iris? Or isn't that possible?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Do you know of a way to do 2 way communication through blue Iris? Or isn't that possible?
Yeah, two way is possible if you use the settings for the camera I posted.

You have to be on the actual BI computer (not in via Remote Desktop) and obviously have a mic and speaker available and when it is setup for two-way, you will get the microphone icon:

1656040338187.png

Depending on your version, you either hold down left mouse and speak and some versions you just tap it, speak, and then untap it to then hear.

Also, it works with the paid BI app. But not with UI3.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, two way is possible if you use the settings for the camera I posted.

You have to be on the actual BI computer (not in via Remote Desktop) and obviously have a mic and speaker available and when it is setup for two-way, you will get the microphone icon:

View attachment 131618

Depending on your version, you either hold down left mouse and speak and some versions you just tap it, speak, and then untap it to then hear.

Also, it works with the paid BI app. But not with UI3.
I don't see the information. It looks like the image doesn't load.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange I see it on my end. Anyway top left under the profiles is a mic icon.

Let me try again

1656047016854.png

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is what it needs to be set to in BI to give it its best chance of working:

1655257504016.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif
[/QUOTE]

Sorry I meant the image here.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There we go, thank you very much! So basically just mimic those settings and it should work for two-way conversation?

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay I tried the settings but it made the sub stream as the video stream so it looks awful and not beautiful 4K LOL

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Up the substream bitrate. Try 1024 or 2048
So it has to use the sub stream for the picture to do the two-way chat? Maybe I will just keep smart PSS open in the background so I can access it quickly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So it has to use the sub stream for the picture to do the two-way chat? Maybe I will just keep smart PSS open in the background so I can access it quickly.
No it doesn't need the substream, but your cpu performance is greatly improved if you use the substrates.

It is highly recommended to run substreams. It wouldn't take too many 8MP cameras without substreams to bring the CPU to a crawl.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, everything is default, i also think night pic is very sharp.
Yeah nightime is amazing. Daytime, probably wants a little tweak but still excellent and probably also amzing when tweeked. Guess will have to wait to see a review on that.

This is an amazing camera though.

Definately would be my chocie if I wasn't facing massive array of bills atm. Can't believe how expenisve everything has got over here. Petrol (Gas) now £9.00 = $11.05 a Gallon! Average energy Bill risen from £1200 a year to £3000!

CCTV great but definately down the list of priorities atm.

Last edited: