Would a boobie cam be the best in this situation?

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We need to monitor the product in the trailers and the area where the drivers/workers are when unloading (red line on this pic).

Thinking of a boobie cam where the green dot is up higher on the wall.

1000002534.jpg

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed a BoobieCam in my front entrance, between the gate from the street and the front door. A bit of a different requirement as I needed face detection on people entering and leaving the property.

You seem to be more interested in panoramic coverage which the BoobieCam should be able to provide. The 4K-180 cams would probably distort the image too much as they seem better suited for level installation. Having one pointed down like that would probably warp the image.

The BoobieCam needs a bit of massaging as the processor is underpowered. I had to drop mine to 5fps to get proper face detection on both channels but that was fine with me. If you're not interested in face detection or IVS, it should record fine at the standard 15fps on both channels. Mine was recording fine at 15fps but the second channel wasn't detecting faces with any kind of consistency.

Check out my thread here:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe a fisheye camera. Here is a sample photo of inside of a 100 ft long barn, 40 ft from camera to the containers exit wall for reference.
Barn_Fisheye-116.20231021_232416044.103.jpg

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a boobie camera (Dahua). It would be a decent choice.

You might want to consider a 180deg camera for your scenario like this one: Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2 - Dual Lens 180 Degree Full Color 4K (8MP Stitched) Camera

The above 180deg camera also comes in a turret version.

These 180deg cameras are more recent products than the Dahua boobie camera, so better lens, especially if night time images is important.

P.S. You can buy from Empiretech Search: 3 results found for "color4k 180"

Last edited:

TheE

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for your time in leaving your feedback/suggestions.

I was definitely thinking of a fisheye and 180deg camera, too. But please correct me if I'm wrong; the fisheye camera does not play well with BI and I would have to somehow mount the 180deg camera sideways to possibly get the two views we are looking for.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone, for your time in leaving your feedback/suggestions.

I was definitely thinking of a fisheye and 180deg camera, too. But please correct me if I'm wrong; the fisheye camera does not play well with BI and I would have to somehow mount the 180deg camera sideways to possibly get the two views we are looking for.
The 180 turret is an eyeball. You can infinitely rotate it in the mount.