Would like to get some info on a NVR system to use on a boat...

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to have 3-4 cameras. One to record the fishing action 60 fps 1080p at least with a mic hopefully? Two others would be "upstairs" pointing down so I can see how close I am to objects with docking etc. The other one would be upstairs pointing down to the fishing action. Another thing I was looking at is the SiOnyx Aurora Sport Night Vision Camera for driving in low light conditions.

At first I was going to go with a NVR but have almost made up my mind to go with a pc/blue iris. Any sort of info would be appreciated.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh and being it's a saltwater environment, it might be best to use a fanless cpu if it's possible.

AND HI!

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
For the "action" cams I'm looking at
1 x Dahua Technology Pro Series N24CG52 2MP in the cockpit (camera would be about 4-6 feet from the recording area.
1 x Dahua Technology Pro Series DH-IPC-HFW4239TN-AS 2MP in the tower it would be about 25 ft up looking down and covering a 25 x 25 area maybe. I'm not 100 percent sure these are good candidates for this maybe I need the camera with the varifocal lens?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to have 3-4 cameras. One to record the fishing action 60 fps 1080p at least with a mic hopefully? Two others would be "upstairs" pointing down so I can see how close I am to objects with docking etc. The other one would be upstairs pointing down to the fishing action. Another thing I was looking at is the SiOnyx Aurora Sport Night Vision Camera for driving in low light conditions.

At first I was going to go with a NVR but have almost made up my mind to go with a pc/blue iris. Any sort of info would be appreciated.
IF you are using this for realtime docking you will want to stay away from ip because there can be a 0.5-2 second delay in the video.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I don't think that will be much of problem. I don't plan on using it as a sole system where I'm going to be looking at the screen docking up. Just to see more or less where I'm at in relation to the dock. I will also be able to "learn" to adjust for the delay. Honestly I'm more interested in the other cams to record the fishing action.