wow, , , IPCAM works. The amcrest forum won't send an email. Howdy to the Forum.

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Amcrest poe NVR. I wanted to see if i can add audio. I tried an Amcrest mic to mic in and mic out to monitor. no luck. I also wonder about audio recording. I don't have a clue. advice ?

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
Please do share the NVR and Camera models.

Thanks and welcome to the forum
[/QUOTE]
Howdy TonyR, thanks for ur reply, model - 4108E NVR with variety of poe cameras, Amcrest , Sunba, etc

Amcrest 5MP UltraHD Outdoor Security IP Turret PoE Camera with Mic/Audio, 5-Megapixel, 98ft NightVision, 2.8mm Lens, IP67 Weatherproof, MicroSD Recording (256GB), White (IP5M-T1179EW-28MM

Amcrest Hi-Fi Audio Microphone for IP Security Cameras, CCTV Surveillance RCA Microphone for DVR's w/High Fidelity Pickups for Audio Recording, AM-HAP

and IP4m - 4206...camera

My first task is to hear and record audio.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have that NVR, and I just installed it. But i'm pushing the NVR feed to Blue Iris, and picking up the audio in there. I doing it with a 5442 ZE. built in mic. Sorry. I'm sure you'll find it if you scour the unit's menus and look everywhere.
Amcrest NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR Home Security Camera System Surveillance NoHDD
Amcrest NV4108E

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
I have that NVR, and I just installed it. But i'm pushing the NVR feed to Blue Iris, and picking up the audio in there. I doing it with a 5442 ZE. built in mic. Sorry. I'm sure you'll find it if you scour the unit's menus and look everywhere.
Amcrest NV4108E-HS 4K 8CH POE NVR Home Security Camera System Surveillance NoHDD
Amcrest NV4108E
can't claim to have " looked everywhere ". I have read a bunch of manuals and watched videos. No real good information.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
can't claim to have " looked everywhere ". I have read a bunch of manuals and watched videos. No real good information.
Called amcrest. very hard to hear and understand oriental lady asked many unrelated questions before disconnecting.

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
Called amcrest. very hard to hear and understand oriental lady asked many unrelated questions before disconnecting.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Not every cam will/can send audio. you may have decide on which cam to enable sound? and there is the drop down menu on a camera, thats says like 64 kbps G.711 u-law, and 64 kbps G.711 a-law, RSTP, AAC encoder etc......might have to check or match the camera's default audio encode to the the NVR,

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using Amcrests email support. it's slow as fuck but they got me my money back on a Video doorbell that wouldn't reboot after a firmware snafu.

dth999

n3wb
Reaction score
Not every cam will/can send audio. you may have decide on which cam to enable sound? and there is the drop down menu on a camera, thats says like 64 kbps G.711 u-law, and 64 kbps G.711 a-law, RSTP, AAC encoder etc......might have to check or match the camera's default audio encode to the the NVR,
True...only some of my cams have built in mic. I have been trying external mics using mic in and mic out on nvr. I see no items like u mention on the camera menu.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind some of the lower end NVRs are not capable of passing audio on every channel. Do not know if that is the case for your particular NVR, but it is something to consider/investigate as your troubleshoot.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @dth999

The Amcrest 5MP turret has a mic, are you getting sound on the H.264/H.265 video?

The Amcrest Hi-Fi Audio, did you connect it directly to the NVR?

fyi - info on the products.

1631728703734.png

1631728742063.png

1631728648181.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The mic on the camera works. I am thinking I don't know what the NVR mic in / mic our rca ports r for ?
Hi @dth999

We do get people new to the subject and new to older style connectors ... so we do have to check and confirm at times.