Wrong Presets Configurations

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the camera I have:
An IP camera Vivotek PD8136 . It is connected trough internet.
It wasn´t possible to find the driver for this camera. The one that let me have signal was another similar Vivotek RTSP / HTTP
PTZ was enabled using Vivotek PZ7131

At main page I have PTZ control, but presets doesn´t respond.
I first defined the network camera's web interface directly to create the presets. Using the direct interface, the presets works but not in the software.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the camera I have:
An IP camera Vivotek PD8136 . It is connected trough internet.
It wasn´t possible to find the driver for this camera. The one that let me have signal was another similar Vivotek RTSP / HTTP
PTZ was enabled using Vivotek PZ7131

At main page I have PTZ control, but presets doesn´t respond.
I first defined the network camera's web interface directly to create the presets. Using the direct interface, the presets works but not in the software.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks
You have the right selection for your camera Vivotek RTSP is the proper choice for all vivotek cams that send rtsp signal...did you enable ptz in the camera ptz tab in blue iris? did you select the proper camera from the dropdown in the PTZ tab?

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you enable ptz in the camera ptz tab in blue iris?
>>> YES. I can use the PTZ buttons

did you select the proper camera from the dropdown in the PTZ tab?
>>> What Vivotek camera did you recommend me from the list? Mine or RTSP is not shown

Regards

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@rruiz Yours is on the list...PZ7131....
rtsp will not be shown because its just a protcol used to transmit video, so its only in the record tab.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am really happy with the quick help received, but I mentioned that my IP camera is a Vivotek PD8136 (at the begining of the post)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am really happy with the quick help received, but I mentioned that my IP camera is a Vivotek PD8136 (at the begining of the post)
Ok i missed that...first try all the other vivotek options and see if any work...
This could also be your issue...from the help file
You will see a table showing the 20 possible presets. Each preset has a Name/value and a Description. The name/value is what is actually sent to the camera in response to your request. Most cameras use numbers that directly correspond to the button numbers, in which case you need not make any changes. However, some cameras use text name values, or values beginning with 0, or even-numbered values beginning with 30--and in such cases you will need to edit the name/values to match. You may assign a description to each preset that will be displayed at the bottom of the main window when you hover the mouse cursor over the buttons 1-10.

rruiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also resolved... I matched names

Thanks again