WS-POE-8-ENC Multi Port PoE Injector ????

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a Tp link TL-SF1008p a year ago, lost two ports on poe ,called Tp Link its under warranty for 5 years ,but just can not get them to send me my rma code. Anyway I want to know if this would work instead?

Amazon.com: WS-POE-8-ENC Multi Port PoE Injector with 8 Ports for Power and Data To 8 Devices, Add Power over Ethernet To Any Switch. Use with External Power Supply for Passive or 802.3af Devices: Computers & Accessories

Thank you in advance

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i use one of those, but its not a switch, just an injector.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one also, I do not use it full time but keep it in my tool box. Its not a smart device but a power through device. Works well. As long as your dead poe ports are still pushing data it should work.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I have a 10/100 eight port switch no poE was going to stick that with the 8 power injector!

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have one of those in operation as well, works fine. passive just means its not going to detect if the device you plug is is non poe. the link you posted also doesn't come with a power supply, which is why its cheaper, but if you already have one, need to buy another one!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
buy this..yes is more expensive but you get a quality managed switch for 60 dollars....and you dont have to mess with patch cables and an additional device.
Amazon.com: ZyXEL 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed PoE Switch with 60 Watt Budget [GS1200-5HP]: Computers & Accessories