WTS: Axis 2400+ and Axis

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Package deal:

Axis 2400+ analog to IP video converter
Axis 2191 audio module with microphone (note, the audio module did not work with blueiris 3, you may have better luck with 4 or other software)
A mess of coax plus power cable
Video and power over ethernet adaptor
Analog camera that looks like a smoke detector
Analog camera that looks like a motion detector
New exterior analog camera with IR
A few used exterior analog cameras, but on all the IR has worn out.
Probably a few extra bits I'm forgetting.

The whole thing for $100 plus shipping. The 2400+ alone usually goes for more than that on ebay, but I just want it all out of the basement. If you just want the axis stuff, same price, and I'll through the rest in the recycle bin, probalby not worth shipping it.

PM for details.

Attachments

Reaction score
Good day Zorac,
What software do i need to run a basic 4 camera setup with an Axis 2400 video server?
Is my system compatible?
Gtx770 gfx, win 7 64bit etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day Zorac,
What software do i need to run a basic 4 camera setup with an Axis 2400 video server?
Is my system compatible?
Gtx770 gfx, win 7 64bit etc.
dont buy the axis unit...leave that for ebay.
do some research and buy an ip setup..
if you insist on analog, then buy this from bandh Dahua Technology Pro Series 4-Channel Penta-brid 1080p X21A1E
this will allow you to use any old analog cameras you may have as well as HDCVI/AHD/TVI/CVBS cameras...
you can use that dvr standalone or use it as an encoder to feed vms software like blue iris or milestone....basically you will get the same function as the axis encorder but it will support hd cams as well as the ability to use the unit standalone to record...
again, on a new install always run ethernet even you want to use analog cams (simply attach baluns)..but consider an ip setup from the get go, its the best option.

Reaction score
dont buy the axis unit...leave that for ebay.
do some research and buy an ip setup..
if you insist on analog, then buy this from bandh Dahua Technology Pro Series 4-Channel Penta-brid 1080p X21A1E
this will allow you to use any old analog cameras you may have as well as HDCVI/AHD/TVI/CVBS cameras...
you can use that dvr standalone or use it as an encoder to feed vms software like blue iris or milestone....basically you will get the same function as the axis encorder but it will support hd cams as well as the ability to use the unit standalone to record...
again, on a new install always run ethernet even you want to use analog cams (simply attach baluns)..but consider an ip setup from the get go, its the best option.
I got given the Axis 2400 and 12 Mobotix cameras (8 spares) and will have a set of older larger cameras when they get dismounted from the building exterior, if I prefer. We have just installed 10 external and 24 internal 4K cameras. I'll check ebay for prices once I know which models they are and probably sell them (not the 4K ones). I want to upgrade my graphics card or get a HTC VIVE system for Doom VFR.

Any ideas on setting up the cameras once I have them or how simple is it to view in browser and what browser is best.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got given the Axis 2400 and 12 Mobotix cameras (8 spares) and will have a set of older larger cameras when they get dismounted from the building exterior, if I prefer. We have just installed 10 external and 24 internal 4K cameras. I'll check ebay for prices once I know which models they are and probably sell them (not the 4K ones). I want to upgrade my graphics card or get a HTC VIVE system for Doom VFR.

Any ideas on setting up the cameras once I have them or how simple is it to view in browser and what browser is best.
are the mobotix ip cameras? what models?